- Time: 11:30am Eastern Daylight Time US (UTC-4)
- Dial-in Number: (712) 775-7035
- Participant Code: 479307#
- International numbers: Conference Call Information
- Julie Allinson
- Robert Cartolano
- Aaron Choate
Stefano Cossu Dan Coughlin Karen Estlund Tom Cramer Jon Dunnregrets
- Declan Fleming
Sarah Fredline Mike Giarloregrets
- Wolfram Horstmann
- Neil Jefferies
- Debra Kurtz
- Susan Lafferty
- Jonathan Markow
- Tom Murphy
Sandy Payette Matthias Razum Glen Robson
- Robin Lindley Ruggaber
Dan Santamaria Kelcy Shepherd Thorny Staples Jim Tuttle Keith Webster
- Evviva Weinraub
- David Wilcox
- Andrew Woods
- Maurice York
Topic Membership update
Lead Notes David DGI announcement of Fedora3 plans David Import/Export feature sprint (announcement) Andrew Alignment of WebAC between Fedora 4 and Hydra Andrew
Lets pilot a Hackathon for Fedora Developers in late 2015 or early 2016
- David Wilcox to begin capturing, curating content for an "ambassadors" list of F4 implementations. Start a list / table in Confluence with updated case studies
All: send any additional comments on website content in to Leaders or the Elite Subcommittee
- Tom Cramer, Karen Estlund, Steve Marks, Maurice York to revise Draft Agenda for CNI Pre-Session, redistribute to Leaders
- David Wilcox will send email to Fedora lists to find out who else will be at upcoming European events and may be able to help organize meetings
- New members, new funding.
- David asks that each of us contact one prospect. He is happy to provide wording/boilerplate on request.
- Particularly looking to attract members from the museusms, government and European user communities.
DGI Announcement re Fedora3 Plans
- Considerable discussion on this and much speculation.
- Clear that Islandora Foundation speaks for Islandora, though DGI is a major player.
- DGI looking for commercial solution as a vendor, perhaps modifying Fedora3 or building a completely new backend. Although they seem to be trying to address what Fedora 4 is delivering. Perhaps looking for higher performance.
- DGI not saying they don't support Fedora 4. But press release expected soon to clarify their position.
- Melissa at Islandora Foundation seems willing to make a strong statement in support of Fedora and CLAW. Islandora Foundation has a new technical lead commencing in August.
- Opportunity for us to express support for Islandora Foundation. .
- Action - Debra to coordinate with Declan and Robin for a subgroup of Leadership Group to meet with DGI to clarify DGI's direction re Fedora, and perhaps an opportunity for us to apply some pressure.
- Important that we support Islandora Foundation and perhaps help them clarify their message re Fedora.
Steering Group Nominations
- 3 positions open (rotating a third of the group) - only members of Leadership group can nominate or be nominated. Open until 8th July - extended a week
- Members can nominate self or another member of Leadership group. David will then seek statements from nominees.
- Then election.
- Should be wrapped up by end of month.
Import/Export feature sprint
- Fedora import/export sprint coming up- basic requirements being collected.
- We're all encouraged to join the two week sprint later this year.
- Also if we have requirements please add notes to requirements
- Andrew to send message after 6th July, after clarification with Penn State re Hydra import/export and Fedora import/export.
Alignment of Web Access Controls between Fedora 4 and Hydra
- Theoretically we are aligned - but actively in process of verifying this.
- Small barriers with having Hydra verify updates to Fedora.
- Tighter collaboration between the two communities.
Next Hackathon will be after next significant release of Fedora 4. Will concentrate on performance and scalability.