If a given installation does not take advantage of the event messages which Fedora emits by default, it is possible to safely turn off the feature without any adverse side-effects.
The messaging configuration is defined in the Spring configuration. To turn off all messaging features, edit your Spring configuration and comment out or remove the following bean definitions:
- JMS topic (class: org.fcrepo.jms.JMSTopicPublisher)
- JMS queue (class: org.fcrepo.jms.JMSQueuePublisher)
- ActiveMQ connection (id: connectionFactory, class: org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory)
- JMS broker (name: jmsBroker, class: org.apache.activemq.xbean.BrokerFactoryBean)
- JMS message factory (class: org.fcrepo.jms.DefaultMessageFactory)