To configure an external PID minter, create a Spring bean configuration file using the HttpPidMinter class, and use a system property to use it instead of the internal PID minter:
The properties that can be set are:
- url (required): The URL of the external minter REST service.
- method: The HTTP method to use to generate a new identifier: GET, POST, or PUT. If not specified, POST is used.
- username/password: The username and password to use for connecting to the minter REST service. You may want to pass the username/password using System properties instead of hard-coding them in the config file (the example above shows how to use a System property with a fallback value if the property is not set). If not specified, no authentication is used.
- regex: If set, remove text matching the regular expression from the minter service response. For example, if the minter response is "id: foo/abc123", the regular expression ".*/" would remove the "id: foo/" and result in the identifier "abc123".
- xpath: If set, parse the minter service response as XML and use XPath to get the identifier value to use.