Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Current released version
SIP Creator 1.1 is the currently released version.
Compatible with DirIngest 1.2.
The Fedora SIP Creator is a Java applet for preparing Submission Information Packages ("SIPs") for use with the Fedora Directory Ingest Service.
First, the applet must be compiled:
- Make sure you have a 1.4+ JDK and ant installed.
- Change to the base directory of the source distribution.
keytool -genkey -alias samplekey -storepass samplepass -keystore keystore and answer the prompts. This will generate a keystore file that will be used to digitally sign the applet jar file during the build.
ant dist. This will build the signed applet jar into the
If desired, copy the content of the dist/ directory to a web-accessible location.
- Point your browser to the
Test.html file. This can be loaded from a web server or directly from your local filesystem.
- In the "File Selection" tab:
- Click the "Open" icon and select the local directory containing the files you want to ingest.
- Check the specific directories and/or files to be ingested.
- In the "Metadata Entry" tab:
- Right click any file you want to add metadata to, answer any prompts and fill in any values.
- Double click any file whose MIME type you want to change. Initial MIME types for each file are guessed based on the extension and content.
- When finished, click the floppy disk "Save" icon, and enter a filename with a .zip extension.
- Upload the ZIP file to the Directory Ingest service
Copyright © 2008 Fedora Commons, Inc.
Copyright © 2002-2007 The Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia and Cornell University
#trackbackRdf ($trackbackUtils.getContentIdentifier($page) $page.title $trackbackUtils.getPingUrl($page))