This meeting is a hybrid teleconference and IRC chat. Anyone is welcome to join...here's the info:
- Time: 11 am Eastern Daylight Time US (GMT-4)
- Via Skype+: Dial from anywhere: \+9900827047086940 (callto://+9900827047086940)
- Via Phone+: US Number: +1 (201) 793-9022, Room #7086940
Agenda + Notes
- Carryover discussions from prior meetings:
- Mailing list configuration (reply-to-list)
- ACTION: Steve to initiate vote among committers (1-week)
- Maven repositories (recent discussion on committer's list)
- DECISION: Will endeavor to move to Sonatype's OSS repository, and eventually Central (wrapping third-party libs as needed). In Mark Diggory's experience, the real concern at Sonatype is with having quality metadata for poms they publish to central – wrapping is ok. This will give us an opportunity to make sure all our third-party poms under our group ID have good metadata, including license info, so we can auto-build the license detail report from maven, for publication.
- Touching base on 3.5
- Rough Goals (from OR10 discussion)
- Continued work on Enhanced Content Models
- Prep work for High Level Storage (Spring integration)
- Performance analysis and improvements
- Re-engineering of release process (push-button)
- Bug fixes!
- SUGGESTION FROM KAI (as a compelling 3.5 feature): Integration/re-work of command-line tools.
- Rough Date? (NOT DECIDED)
- Next Steps?
- Review newly-submitted issues (HIT 3 ISSUES, WILL CARRY OVER TO NEXT WEEK)
IRC Chat Log
[14:55] <cwilper> Starting in 5 min: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FCREPO/2010-10-05+-+Committer+Meeting
[15:12] <sbayliss> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html
[15:12] <cwilper> (discussing reply-to-list)
[15:13] <cwilper> precendence: jakarta project does this
[15:29] <cwilper> q: does sonatype's OSS hosting allow wrapping of third-party artifacts that aren't otherwise available?
[15:31] <cwilper> mark: "focus is more on good metadata...wrapping third-party artifacts is ok in dspace project's experience"
[16:01] <cwilper> Aaron: "for 3.5, i think we talked about a feature or two being thrown in for spice"
[16:04] <cwilper> Kai: "command line tools for 3.5, web gui for 3.5"
[16:06] <cwilper> Ben: "re: Spring integration, got integration tests to run, some weirdness about DefaultDOManager deleting datastreams twice, have opened an issue about it"
[16:07] <barmintor> https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-776
[16:52] <barmintor> how long should we allow for voting on the maioling list issue?
[16:53] <barmintor> cwilper: "I was thinking a week."
[16:56] <cwilper> (fcrepo-committer meeting's over, thanks all)
#trackbackRdf ($trackbackUtils.getContentIdentifier($page) $page.title $trackbackUtils.getPingUrl($page))