Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Call Details

Attendees

Agenda

(If you have an agenda suggestion/addition, please leave a comment!)

  • Updates - status and activity
    1. LYRASIS
      1. Accessibility requirements
      2. PII in stored content
    2. TDL
      1. Testing with the newer Tomcat version in Beanstalk (Tomcat 8.5)
    3. U Toronto
  • Development planning
  • Relevant conferences/events (updates or planning)
  • Development activity, PRs and reviews
    • Planning a 2-week sprint for weeks of July 13 and July 20

Resources

JIRA

DuraCloud documentation

  1. User documentation (wiki)
  2. Deployment documentation (github)

Minutes

  • Accessibility issue with the DuraCloud interface. Not WCAG AA compliant, checked using WAVE. Has come up with a LYR client. Has not come up with TDL but it could. Do we have access to accessibility expertise? TDL has been talking to Rice about this issue on the DuraSpace side, also using WAVE. Seems difficult to know if we are compliant. There are guidelines and tools but are there things we are missing? Plenty that the tool brings up, using that as an analysis benchmark seems solid. Planning a sprint in July, this seems like an activity that we can add for July. Can prioritize the easiest fixes and the most glaring issues. 
  • PII: Know that Courtney and Sibyl are working on a grant related to this. LYR has been talking about this with Artefactual in regard to our shared clients. Current LYR contract for new clients excludes PII while we figure out how to address it. Nick will ask about it and TDL concerns. 
  • Tomcat testing: TDL rescheduled for 2nd two weeks of May to try it out. 
  • SumoLogic: for understanding client questions and checking errors. Would be uncomfortable to run without it, or an equivalent. 
  • Two week sprint in July, review of priorities and low-hanging fruit: 
    • Accessibility and move to Java 11. Bill will create ticket for accessibility part. 
    • RTMP streaming capability needs to be removed at the end of the calendar year. One client still using it but working to make the transition. 
    • Ticket for pulling users who are active and associated with an account, for contact purposes when there is an update.
  • Scan of the backlog for items that could be considered for the sprint. Took a look at some additional tickets.
    • There are a number of considerations around the UI, but a new UI is a non-trivial effort.
    • Snapshot totals
    • Anything else identified can be discussed in the next call (June). Only call between now and the sprint unless we need to add a call. 

Actions

  • No labels