DSpace 1.7.2 was officially released to the public on May 27, 2011.
DSpace 1.7.2 can be downloaded immediately at either of the following locations:
All DSpace 1.7.x users should upgrade to 1.7.2
Generally we recommend all DSpace 1.7.x users upgrade to DSpace 1.7.2 to receive several bug fixes. However, if you decide that none of the bug fixes are relevant for you then there is no urgent case for upgrading.
DSpace 1.7.2 is a minor bug fix release that addressed three issues that cropped up since DSpace 1.7.1. As it only provides bug-fixes, DSpace 1.7.1 should constitute an easy upgrade from DSpace 1.7.0 for most users. No database changes or additional configuration changes should be necessary when upgrading from DSpace 1.7.0 to 1.7.2. The issues that DSpace 1.7.2 addresses are:
- DS-841 Fixed Oracle database support for administrative tasks on ePerson.
- DS-875 Fixed an error message from being spit out when using the DSpace CLI Launcher.
- DS-871 Fixed a caching issue in "Recent Submissions" listing for XMLUI.
The following fixes are the changes between DSpace 1.7.1 and 1.7.2. Additionally, these fixes were applied to the trunk line of development so future releases such as DSpace 1.8 will have the fixes.
- Release Coordinator: Peter Dietz, Ohio State University Libraries
Timeline and Proceeding
- Release Date: May 27, 2011.
Release Process needs to proceed according to the following Maven release process: Release Procedure