Note, configuration and theme changes that exist in the xmlui or jspui module will need to be re-engineered for the DSpace 7 frameworks.
Where feasible, existing DSpace configuration settings should migrate unchanged. This document enumerates the specific files in dspace/config that will need to be migrated for DSpace 7.
- Instances that have not yet upgraded to DSpace 6 will need to upgrade configuration files to be compatible with DSpace 6
- See "Update your DSpace Configurations and/or move them to local.cfg" on the following page: Upgrading DSpace
- The traditional DSpace workflow will be deprecated and replaced with XML Workflow.
- Custom embargo functionality (pre DSpace 3.0)
Obsolete or UI-specific configuration files in dspace/config (will need to change)
- controlpanel (assumes xmlui)
- TODO: more details on what will change here
- news-side, news-top, news-xmlui
It is not yet clear if/how the following configuration files might change.
- re-use as is or provide automatic migration
What should not change
- controlled vocabularies
- email templates
- rdf configs
- ehcache (from DSpace 6)
- hibernate (from DSpace 6)
- local.cfg (from DSpace 6)