- Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)
- Matteo Perelli
- James Silas Creel
- William Welling
- (Others from Texas A&M)
- Tim Donohue
- Andrea has a conflict with the second half of the meeting, so we are starting with REST API updates today
- New PR to add in Browse functionality (with linked relations) to REST AP: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1775
- For easier verification, this PR has already been pushed to the REST API demo at: http://dspace7.4science.it/dspace-spring-rest/
- Example links are provided in the PR itself
- Updates on REST API Priorities from last week (in order)
browse (support for linked relations): This is in PR 1775
bitstreams linked from the item: Andrea Bollini (4Science) has this code ready, but not pushed up yet. He will finish this up this week. (NOTE: this is a blocker for fully integrating Angular UI into REST API demo site)
- bitstream download: This is optional for OR2017, but would be nice to have
more real-like demo database: Andrea Bollini (4Science) will look into this next week. Should be doable by OR2017.
- community from the collection: Optional
- logo from community and collection: Optional
- Art noticed that in pagination, the REST API returns the first page as Page 0 (zero). It'd be nice if it could return the first page as Page 1, so that UIs need not translate all page numbers to support expected pagination behaviors.
Same attendees as above
Waffle board: https://waffle.io/DSpace/dspace-angular
Merged this week:
- Community Homepage work (from Christian Scheible) is ready to go (but has a merge conflict)
- This can be merged once merge conflict is fixed
- Status on other tickets in progress:
- DSO List Component is ready to go: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/98 It's just waiting on the REST API to support browse & bitstreams (which is nearly ready itself, see above).
- Once DSO List is completed, Browse Components should be relatively easy to create: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/111
- Both of the above should be doable by OR2017. If there's extra time, might be possible to still create a quick new theme: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/102
- Pagination still doesn't fully work with Universal (i.e. with JS off): https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/103. This isn't a big deal for OR2017 though
- Giuseppe created a ticket with ng-bootstrap, which they immediately closed: https://github.com/ng-bootstrap/ng-bootstrap/issues/1616
- Tim has added a comment to that ticket, noting that ng-bootstrap itself seems to want Universal support: https://github.com/ng-bootstrap/ng-bootstrap/issues/858
- Based on final response from ng-bootstrap, we may need to look at other options here.
- Upgrade to Angular 4: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/83
- As soon as this can be moved into "ready" column, William Welling would like to work on this. It will be a rather large core code refactor though, so it should happen at a time when it won't affect other PRs
- This is not a priority for OR2017, as it's more important to get other feature PRs in quickly.
- However, this is perfect for post-OR2017 (i.e. Week of July 3), as few people will be around then, and we can hold off on any other feature building. Tim Donohue will move this into the "Ready" column that week, so that William Welling can move it forward in early July.
- Upcoming meeting schedule:
- Slack update meeting next week (June 22) to briefly touch base before OR2017
- No meeting June 29, as Tim, Art & Andrea will be at OR2017.
- Slack meeting on July 6 (after OR2017). Tim will lead the meeting as he'll be back (and as noted above the priority will be upgrading to Angular 4).
- Note: Art is out the first few weeks in July on holiday.