Contribute to the DSpace Development Fund

The newly established DSpace Development Fund supports the development of new features prioritized by DSpace Governance. For a list of planned features see the fund wiki page.







  • Convening efforts to reach out and deeply engage the DSpace community in the aspects of DSpace 7 development. 
  • Next meeting Mar 1: 12:00 PM ET; UTC 17:00, on

Discussion items


Catch-up, Announcements

Wouter will share slides from recent presentation

Request from tech team: SWAG suggestions for upcoming meetings and demos–pens, stickers, other?

  • Looking at small, inexpensive, easy to mail items; must be simple to produce; no capacity for complex items
  • An investment in marketing; which objects will generate greatest visibility
  • City maps of city that meeting/conference is in; great idea, no capacity for that degree of one-off production
  • Like backlight stickers (something over the apple light on computers—not all people have the same computer
  • Regular stickers are often put on backs of computers–good visibility
  • Content: logo is dated; alternative? 
  • Wouter will look into what open source projects are doing by next meeting
  • Image over the back of cell phone; maybe too personal?

Resume review use cases related to browse and search

General comments

  • Is there other functionality that is higher on the list?
  • Stats need to be more robust; having only a number of views per page is not meaningful
  • Virtual stats include by default?
  • Not currently in development
  • Some of these use cases seem out of context
  • Note: next meeting be aware that we are moving on to review authorization and authentication use cases
  • Divide the work and compile new use cases; re-work the use cases that need to be re-worked
  • Mariya to compile a list of use cases related authorization and authentication–logging on, collection authorization and groups
  • Would be good to provide feedback to the community on how these use cases are morphing into functionality
  • Visuals on transformations would be good
  • Mariya had a questions from a repo manager—concerned about preservation of core functionality; will we be losing something that we are used to without getting something back?

Action Items

  • No labels