Carol Minton Morris (DuraSpace, co-chair) Michele Mennielli, (DuraSpace)
- David Corbly (apologies)
- Heather Greer Klein
- Jose Carvalho (University of Minho)
- Bram Luyten (Atmire)
- Susanna Mornati (4Science) (apologies)
Pascal-Nicolas Becker(The Library Code, co-chair)
Therepresents who will be taking notes for a given meeting. It rotates after each meeting to the next person in the attendee list.
- May 29, 2019 at 9:00 AM ET / 13:00 UTC / 15:00 CEST
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/com.mem
Or iPhone one-tap:
US: +16468769923,7828625387# or +16699006833,7828625387#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833
Meeting ID: 7828625387
Next meeting June 25, 9:00 AM ET / 13:00 UTC / 15:00 CEST
- Find alignment on the plan leading up to Open Repositories 2019 in Hamburg
- Marketing Strategy Report from 2015: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L66WSPTqJZRmTIweTljDq7oeksTL-av4/view?usp=sharing
- 2019-03-20 DSpace Marketing Working Group, Agenda/Notes
- Fact-based USP items for DSpace 7 http://bit.ly/dspace7-usp
- Samvera Marketing Working Group
Alignment / Decisions from previous meetings
- We need a plan with actions, goals and associated target dates, aimed at marketing for DSpace 7
- Popular use cases, and how DSpace 7 improves on them, are powerful in marketing
- Facts that the SG endorses, are powerful in marketing
- We need a more general approach for DSpace Marketing on the longer term. The group did not reach agreement on whether this can be open ended, or whether this can have a finite timeline
|Repository Rodeo at OR2019|
Pascal will represent DSpace in the repository rodeo. Google doc feedback to review is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JAcqrzDX1A27L92wKthhrR-tz-UC435VVfjR9Tzq_I8/edit?usp=sharing
Each panelist will deliver a short presentation on their repository software focusing on the following questions:
OR 2019 SWAG update
On track to have DSpace SWAG in Hamburg for OR2019
Promotion slides? Do we have testimonials for excitement or is it too early: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/129hzkWCoY-X3yECqfz-ppOxjB5Jkq763XpTrRMEVVAg/edit?usp=sharing
Printed materials for OR2019? Little capacity at DuraSpace, not good uptake of print materials at previous ORs
- Repository rodeo: input requested to make sure this is a community-informed presentation. Mic will be helpful. See document above and add notes.
- How does your repository and community address the needs of your users, particularly in relation to the other repositories and communities represented on the panel?
- Pascal has had major issues with mailing items to Hamburg. Has a better address now for the t-shirts. Target is Hamburg before OR. Monday is a national holiday. Logo is a width of 7 cm on the left side. URL on the left sleeve. Same green as the logo.
- Printed materials would really only be important if we had the final release.
- 10 exhibitors at OR2019
- Bram notes that language feature will hopefully be part of the enhanced preview release. Would be good to start testing with the harvesters and heavy users of the API.
Action items from this meeting
|Heather will ask Tim for download information for DSpace for the repo rodeo|
Action items from previous meetings
|Put together a simple mockup of a DSpace 7 excitement testimonial slide/postcard to share with potential testimonial givers|
|Start a page for DSpace 7 on dspace.org (/dspace-7) to be ready when preview release is ready. Done: https://duraspace.org/dspace/dspace-7/|