This documentation relates to an old version of DSpace, version 5.x. Looking for another version? See all documentation.
Support for DSpace 5 ended on January 1, 2023. See Support for DSpace 5 and 6 is ending in 2023
This is a new top level page grouping all documentation concerning all different ways to ingest content and metadata into DSpace
- Submission User Interface
- Configurable Workflow
- Importing and Exporting Content via Packages
- Importing and Exporting Items via Simple Archive Format
- Registering Bitstreams via Simple Archive Format
- Importing Items via basic bibliographic formats (Endnote, BibTex, RIS, TSV, CSV) and online services (OAI, arXiv, PubMed, CrossRef, CiNii)
- Importing Community and Collection Hierarchy
- SWORDv1 Server
- SWORDv2 Server
- Ingesting HTML Archives
The section on Batch Metadata Editing also contains information on how to add items through spreadsheet ingest.
The section on OAI-PMH contains information on how DSpace can also act as a harvester itself, and acquire content from other OAI-PMH sources.