This documentation relates to an old version of DSpace, version 5.x. Looking for another version? See all documentation.
Support for DSpace 5 ended on January 1, 2023. See Support for DSpace 5 and 6 is ending in 2023
Changes in DSpace 1.5.2
Changes in DSpace 1.5.1
General Improvements and Bug Fixes in 1.5.1
- (Scott Phillips) Fixed bug where users could not finish registering nor reset
their password because the authentication method signatures were changed.
- Jay Paz (SF#1898241) Additional fixes to patch to enable reuse of methods.
- Added the ability to manage sessions with site wide alerts to prevent users from authenticating.
- Fixes a bug where the ability to edit an item durring workflow step 2 is not displayed.
- Jay Paz (SF#1898241) Add item Export from jspui and xmlui.
- Added easy support for google analytics statistics
- Added the ability for super admins to login as other users.
- Added an activity viewer to the Control Panel
- Fix for SF Bug #2082236 Subscription notification (sub-daily) no emails sent
- #2102580 William Hays: Duplicate Handle exception when replacing bitstreams
- #2102617 Sands Fish: X509Authentication fails to assign appropriate specialgroups
- (Sands Fish) Add "Select Primary Bitstream" functionality to submission workflow
- Guard against Community/Collection metadata having only whitespace characters
and eliminate cases where null pointer exceptions would be thrown
- Improve DSIndexer logic in both branches to support removal of items from index
when withdrawn from repository.
- (Sands Fish) Provides fix for AuthenticationUtil where users ID's are not properly compared.
- Fix NullPointerException cause by nullified Context object in LNI map item to new collection.
- Block Basic Authentication "details" from being exposed in dspace logs.
- (Bill Hays) Close InputStreamReaders explicitly to release any file handles back to OS.
- correct linking on pages when xmlui is the ROOT webapplication
- correct issue with sitemap redirection of mydspace uri.
- Add serlet-api to overlay wars to reduce compile time errors when adding classes
- Correct issues in feed generation
- XMLUI Adjust Advanced Search to use search properties from dspace.cfg.
- Correct bug in Body.toSAX where startElement is called instead of end element.
- Correct issue with libraries being excluded from wars
- Fix for SF bug #2090761 Statistics wrong use of dspace.dir for log location
- Fix for SF bug #2081930 xmlui hardcoded strings in EditGroupForm.java
- Fix for SF bug #2080319 jspui hardcoded strings in browse
- Fix for SF bug #2078305 xmlui hardcoded strings used in UI in xmlui-api
- Fix for SF bug #2078324 xmlui hardcoded strings used in UI in General-Handler.xsl
- SF patch #2076066 Review in jspui submission non-dc metadata
- SF Bug #1983859 added Foreign Lucene Analyzers to poms
- SF Bug #1989916 - missing LDAP authentication key
- #1947036 Patch for SF Bug1896960 SWORD authentication and LDAP + 1989874 LDAPAuthentication
pluggable method broken for current users
- Added copying of registration email template to 1.4 to 1.5 upgrade instructions
- Fix for SF bug #2055941 LDAP authentication fails for new users in SWORD and Manakin
(Zuki Ebetsu / Stuart Lewis)
- #1990660 SWORD Service Document are malformed / Corrected Atom publishing MIME types
(Stuart Lewis / Claudia Juergen)
- Updated installation and configuration documents for new statistics script, and removed references to Perl
- Fix for SF bug #2095402 - Non-interactive Submission Steps don't work in JSPUI 1.5
- Fix for SF bug #2013921 - Movement in Submission Workflow Causes Skipped Steps
- Fix for SF bug #2015988 - Configurable Submission bug in SubmissionController
- Fix for SF bug #2034372 - Resorting Search Results in JSPUI always gives no results
- Updates to Community/Collection Item Counts (i.e. strengths) for XMLUI.
- 1.5 upgrade instructions were missing Metadata Registry updates necessary to support SWORD.
- Fix various problems with resources potentially not being freed, and other minor fixes suggested by FindBugs
- Replace URLEncoder with StringEscapeUtils for better fix of escaping the hidden query field
- Fix #2034372 - Resorting in JSPUI gives no results
- Fix #1714851 - set eperson.subscription.onlynew in dspace.cfg to only include items that are new to the repository
- Fix issue where the browse and search indexes will not be updated correctly if you move an Item
- Fix problem with SWORD not accepting multiple concurrent submissions
- Fix #1963060 Authors listed in reverse order
- Fix #1970852 - XMLUI: Browse by Issue Date "Type in Year" doesn't work
- Statistics viewer for XMLUI, based on existing DStat. Note that this generates
the view from the analysis files (.dat), does not require HTML report generation.
- Fixed incorrect downloading of bitstream on withdrawn item
- Add JSPUI compatible log messages to XMLUI transformers
- Clean up use of ThreadLocal
- Improved cleanup of database resources when web
application is unloaded
- Fix bug #1931799 - duplicate "FROM metadatavalue"
- Fixed Oracle bugs with ILIKE operators and LIMIT/OFFSET clauses
Changes in DSpace 1.5.0
General Improvements in 1.5.0
- Highly configurable and theme-able new user interface (Manakin).
- Apache Maven-based modular build system.
- LNI (Lightweight Network Interface) service. Allows programmatic ingest of content via WebDAV or SOAP.
- SWORD (Simple Web-service Offering Repository Deposit): repository-standard ingest service using Atom Publishing Protocol.
- Highly configurable item web submission system. All submission steps are configurable not just metadata pages.
- Browse functionality allowing customisation of the available indexes via dspace.cfg and pluggable normalisation of the sort strings. Integration with both JSP-UI and XML-UI included.
- Extensible content event notification service.
- Generation of Google and HTML sitemaps
Bug fixes and smaller patches in 1.5.0
- New options for ItemImporter to support bitstream permissions and descriptions.
- 1824710 Fix - Change in Creative Commons RDF.
- 1794700 Fix - Stat-monthly and stat-report-monthly
- 1566820 Patch - Authentication code moved to new org.dspace.authenticate package, add IP AUth
- 1670093 Patch - More stable metadata and schema registry import Option to generate community and collection "strength" as a batch job
- 1659868 Patch - Improved database level debugging
- 1620700 Patch - Add Community and Sub-Community to OAI Sets
- 1679972 Fix - OAIDCCrosswalk NPE and invalid character fix, also invalid output prevented
- 1549290 Fix - Suggest Features uses hard coded strings
- 1727034 Fix - Method MetadataField.unique() is incorrect for null values
- 1614546 Fix - Get rid of unused mets_bitstream_id column
- 1450491 Patch - i18n configurable multilingualism support
- 1764069 Patch - Replace "String" with "Integer" in PreparedStatement where needed
- 1743188 Patch - for Request #1145499 - Move Items
- 179196 Patch - Oracle SQL in Bitstream Checker
- 1751638 Patch - Set http disposition header to force download of large bitstreams
- 1799575 Patch - New EPersonConsumer event consumer
- 1566572 Patch - Item metadata in XHTML head elements
- 1589429 Patch - "Self-Named" Media Filters (i.e. MediaFilter Plugins) (updated version of this patch)
- 1888652 Patch - Statistics Rewritten In Java
- 1444364 Request - Metadata registry exporter
- 1221957 Request - Admin browser for withdrawn items
- 1740454 Fix - Concurrency
- 1552760 Fix - Submit interface looks bad in Safari
- 1642563 Patch - bin/update-handle-prefix rewritten in Java
- 1724330 Fix - Removes "null" being displayed in community-home.jsp
- 1763535 Patch - Alert DSpace administrator of new user registration
- 1759438 Patch - Multilingualism Language Switch - DSpace Header