This documentation relates to an old version of DSpace, version 5.x. Looking for another version? See all documentation.
Changes in DSpace 1.5.2
Changes in DSpace 1.5.1
General Improvements and Bug Fixes in 1.5.1
- (Scott Phillips) Fixed bug where users could not finish registering nor reset
their password because the authentication method signatures were changed.
- Jay Paz (SF#1898241) Additional fixes to patch to enable reuse of methods.
- Added the ability to manage sessions with site wide alerts to prevent users from authenticating.
- Fixes a bug where the ability to edit an item durring workflow step 2 is not displayed.
- Jay Paz (SF#1898241) Add item Export from jspui and xmlui.
- Added easy support for google analytics statistics
- Added the ability for super admins to login as other users.
- Added an activity viewer to the Control Panel
- Fix for SF Bug #2082236 Subscription notification (sub-daily) no emails sent
- #2102580 William Hays: Duplicate Handle exception when replacing bitstreams
- #2102617 Sands Fish: X509Authentication fails to assign appropriate specialgroups
- (Sands Fish) Add "Select Primary Bitstream" functionality to submission workflow
- Guard against Community/Collection metadata having only whitespace characters
and eliminate cases where null pointer exceptions would be thrown
- Improve DSIndexer logic in both branches to support removal of items from index
when withdrawn from repository.
- (Sands Fish) Provides fix for AuthenticationUtil where users ID's are not properly compared.
- Fix NullPointerException cause by nullified Context object in LNI map item to new collection.
- Block Basic Authentication "details" from being exposed in dspace logs.
- (Bill Hays) Close InputStreamReaders explicitly to release any file handles back to OS.
- correct linking on pages when xmlui is the ROOT webapplication
- correct issue with sitemap redirection of mydspace uri.
- Add serlet-api to overlay wars to reduce compile time errors when adding classes
- Correct issues in feed generation
- XMLUI Adjust Advanced Search to use search properties from dspace.cfg.
- Correct bug in Body.toSAX where startElement is called instead of end element.
- Correct issue with libraries being excluded from wars
- Fix for SF bug #2090761 Statistics wrong use of dspace.dir for log location
- Fix for SF bug #2081930 xmlui hardcoded strings in EditGroupForm.java
- Fix for SF bug #2080319 jspui hardcoded strings in browse
- Fix for SF bug #2078305 xmlui hardcoded strings used in UI in xmlui-api
- Fix for SF bug #2078324 xmlui hardcoded strings used in UI in General-Handler.xsl
- SF patch #2076066 Review in jspui submission non-dc metadata
- SF Bug #1983859 added Foreign Lucene Analyzers to poms
- SF Bug #1989916 - missing LDAP authentication key
- #1947036 Patch for SF Bug1896960 SWORD authentication and LDAP + 1989874 LDAPAuthentication
pluggable method broken for current users
- Added copying of registration email template to 1.4 to 1.5 upgrade instructions
- Fix for SF bug #2055941 LDAP authentication fails for new users in SWORD and Manakin
(Zuki Ebetsu / Stuart Lewis)
- #1990660 SWORD Service Document are malformed / Corrected Atom publishing MIME types
(Stuart Lewis / Claudia Juergen)
- Updated installation and configuration documents for new statistics script, and removed references to Perl
- Fix for SF bug #2095402 - Non-interactive Submission Steps don't work in JSPUI 1.5
- Fix for SF bug #2013921 - Movement in Submission Workflow Causes Skipped Steps
- Fix for SF bug #2015988 - Configurable Submission bug in SubmissionController
- Fix for SF bug #2034372 - Resorting Search Results in JSPUI always gives no results
- Updates to Community/Collection Item Counts (i.e. strengths) for XMLUI.
- 1.5 upgrade instructions were missing Metadata Registry updates necessary to support SWORD.
- Fix various problems with resources potentially not being freed, and other minor fixes suggested by FindBugs
- Replace URLEncoder with StringEscapeUtils for better fix of escaping the hidden query field
- Fix #2034372 - Resorting in JSPUI gives no results
- Fix #1714851 - set eperson.subscription.onlynew in dspace.cfg to only include items that are new to the repository
- Fix issue where the browse and search indexes will not be updated correctly if you move an Item
- Fix problem with SWORD not accepting multiple concurrent submissions
- Fix #1963060 Authors listed in reverse order
- Fix #1970852 - XMLUI: Browse by Issue Date "Type in Year" doesn't work
- Statistics viewer for XMLUI, based on existing DStat. Note that this generates
the view from the analysis files (.dat), does not require HTML report generation.
- Fixed incorrect downloading of bitstream on withdrawn item
- Add JSPUI compatible log messages to XMLUI transformers
- Clean up use of ThreadLocal
- Improved cleanup of database resources when web
application is unloaded
- Fix bug #1931799 - duplicate "FROM metadatavalue"
- Fixed Oracle bugs with ILIKE operators and LIMIT/OFFSET clauses
Changes in DSpace 1.5.0
General Improvements in 1.5.0
- Highly configurable and theme-able new user interface (Manakin).
- Apache Maven-based modular build system.
- LNI (Lightweight Network Interface) service. Allows programmatic ingest of content via WebDAV or SOAP.
- SWORD (Simple Web-service Offering Repository Deposit): repository-standard ingest service using Atom Publishing Protocol.
- Highly configurable item web submission system. All submission steps are configurable not just metadata pages.
- Browse functionality allowing customisation of the available indexes via dspace.cfg and pluggable normalisation of the sort strings. Integration with both JSP-UI and XML-UI included.
- Extensible content event notification service.
- Generation of Google and HTML sitemaps
Bug fixes and smaller patches in 1.5.0
- New options for ItemImporter to support bitstream permissions and descriptions.
- 1824710 Fix - Change in Creative Commons RDF.
- 1794700 Fix - Stat-monthly and stat-report-monthly
- 1566820 Patch - Authentication code moved to new org.dspace.authenticate package, add IP AUth
- 1670093 Patch - More stable metadata and schema registry import Option to generate community and collection "strength" as a batch job
- 1659868 Patch - Improved database level debugging
- 1620700 Patch - Add Community and Sub-Community to OAI Sets
- 1679972 Fix - OAIDCCrosswalk NPE and invalid character fix, also invalid output prevented
- 1549290 Fix - Suggest Features uses hard coded strings
- 1727034 Fix - Method MetadataField.unique() is incorrect for null values
- 1614546 Fix - Get rid of unused mets_bitstream_id column
- 1450491 Patch - i18n configurable multilingualism support
- 1764069 Patch - Replace "String" with "Integer" in PreparedStatement where needed
- 1743188 Patch - for Request #1145499 - Move Items
- 179196 Patch - Oracle SQL in Bitstream Checker
- 1751638 Patch - Set http disposition header to force download of large bitstreams
- 1799575 Patch - New EPersonConsumer event consumer
- 1566572 Patch - Item metadata in XHTML head elements
- 1589429 Patch - "Self-Named" Media Filters (i.e. MediaFilter Plugins) (updated version of this patch)
- 1888652 Patch - Statistics Rewritten In Java
- 1444364 Request - Metadata registry exporter
- 1221957 Request - Admin browser for withdrawn items
- 1740454 Fix - Concurrency
- 1552760 Fix - Submit interface looks bad in Safari
- 1642563 Patch - bin/update-handle-prefix rewritten in Java
- 1724330 Fix - Removes "null" being displayed in community-home.jsp
- 1763535 Patch - Alert DSpace administrator of new user registration
- 1759438 Patch - Multilingualism Language Switch - DSpace Header