This task force organizes the VIVO Conference.
- Everything needed to hold the conference, including, but not limited to:
- Selecting the site
- A full program of keynotes, invited, contributed speakers, posters and workshops
- All conference logistics including planning of food and beverage, signage, registration, and related events
- All conference marketing and promotion, including email, print media, social media, and web site
- All conference sponsorship
- Wrap-up and transition to the next conference planning task force, including
- Selection of site for the next conference
- Selection of the program and conference chairs for the next conference
- Posting of presentations and photographs from previous conferences
The task force will work all year up and through next year's conference. A simplified/conceptual schedule is below.
|Recruit task force members, conduct, review previous conference survey, post presentations and photographs from previous conference, review conference timeline|
|Review/finalize conference organization, meeting processes. Announce site and dates. Launch web site.|
|Begin marketing and sponsorship work. RFP for next site.|
|Begin keynote invites|
Begin invited speaker solicitation, begin sponsor solicitation
Call for workshops, papers and panels
|February||Recruit reviewers, invited speakers selected and confirmed.|
|March||Late-breaking call for papers|
Continue marketing and promotion
Finalize sponsorship, signage
|June||Workshops, meetings, and conference|
|July||Early bird registration ends, announce workshops, poster submission deadline ends|
|August||Finalize all activities|
Violeta Ilik - Conference Chair
Nataša Popović - Local Organizing Committee Chair
Ruben Verborgh - Program Chair
Miguel Garcia, Clarivate
On Wednesdays at 10AM EST every 2 weeks (as necessary).
The wiki will contain progress information.
VIVO Updates emails as needed
- Conference chairs brief the Steering Group as needed