This meeting is a hybrid teleconference and IRC chat. Anyone is welcome to join...here's the info:
- Time: 11:00am Eastern Daylight Time US (UTC-4)
- Dial-in Number: (712) 775-7035
- 4.7.0 release candidate - testing and migration
Status of "in-flight" tickets
Please squash a bug!
Tickets resolved this week:
Tickets created this week:
- 4.7.0 Release status – we need a PostgreSQL and Mysql test. Yinlin Chen has a question about Solr indexing, but it may be an artifact of how the tests are run. The Solr indexing issue does not appear to be a blocker but rather indicates a need for improvement of the testing mechanism. Jared Whiklo will conduct Islandora-based testing, and he will ask the Hydra community about testing.
- Discussed jcr.Session being replaced with a Fedora-specific interface. This will be a significant change to the code, potentially making alternate implementations considerably easier to write. Everyone is encouraged to review the current (in progress) pull request.
- Discussed Hash URIs on binaries. This issue gets deeply into the modeshape implementation – Danny Bernstein will reach out if he encounters challenges.
- Discussed Linked Data Notifications (this will enter W3C recommendation review next week) and some proposed machinery for fcrepo-camel that would make it easier to build an asynchronous LDN toolchain for internal Fedora events. This feature intersects significantly with the current audit functionality but with (potentially) considerably more flexibility.