Exporting Documentation from Wiki
How to Generate PDF version of Documentation
To generate the PDF document, we currently use the Scroll PDF Exporter plugin for Confluence.
- Select " ... -> Export to PDF" on the Documentation homepage, e.g. DSpace 7.x Documentation
- Select Template: "Documentation", Export Scope "This page and its children"
- Click "Show Details"
- Modify "PDF Metadata"
- Title: "DSpace 7.x Documentation"
- Author: "DSpace Developer Team"
- Other default settings should be fine, but feel free to double check them.
- Click "Export" button
- Wait for 5-10 minutes while the PDF is generated. Give it a quick look through for formatting errors (larger errors may be highlighted in RED automatically by the Scroll PDF Exporter plugin, which generated this PDF)
- Once complete, rename to "DSpace-Manual.pdf" and upload to the Release in GitHub: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/releases
- Also add as a download link on the Documentation Homepage.