How to connect: https://psu.zoom.us/j/613720745 (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available: https://psu.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=UZ_PRwQ56TNX1pDIsdDInAu8XPVqzlX3
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
220.127.116.11 (US West)
18.104.22.168 (US East)
22.214.171.124 (Hong Kong)
Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT
Moderator: Andrew Myers
Notetaker: Thomas Scherz
Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)
folks outside North and South America
folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
- Remind everyone to sign in on agenda.
- Welcome all newcomers!
- Agenda (moderator)
- Call for new agenda items (moderator)
- Hyrax/Valkyrie (Wings) — Dev Congress Report Out (Tom Johnson)
- Longer report coming.
- Recap: Model Alignment
- Translators and Mixins are built that dynamically handle the Valkyrie calls for most models. (Carolyn)
- Eventually code new models with Valkyrie::Base calls.
- Re-write models sooner than later vs. Hyrax specific API bridging?
- Recap: How do we merge Valkyrie into Hyrax without breaking?
- Hyrax gets Valkyrie adapter.
- Hyrax changes Active Fedora to Valkyrie calls.
- Proof of Concept with Save call in Actor Stack was successful.
- Do this inline with directory lib/wings until transition is complete.
- Thanks to Trey, Carolyn, and the Circle CI group. (https://github.com/samvera-labs/hyrax-on-wings)
- Next Steps:
- Work scheduled with committed resources in 4 sprints.
- Compile group in the next month. Two Sprints. Break. Two Sprints.
- Technically : Move adapter code into lib/wings directory and work through replacing Active Fedora calls.
- What to do about `engine_cart` (Tom Johnson)
- the hyrax build is broken due to https://github.com/rails/rails/issues/35161
- Rails.new is broken
- Generate rails app then modify Gemfile for sqlite
- engine_cart makes this very hard to fix
- how can we fix the build?
- Gemfile extra approach
- Add generator code to control sqlite. (engine_cart breaks before generator run)
- Not using engine_cart in CI process
- Writing line by line generation
- Examine how we did previously with Sufia
- Take it to Slack.
- Valkyrie Promotion (Carolyn Cole)
- 3 adopters (Princeton, PSU, Hyrax)
- Concerns around resourcing.
- Good to get it promoted before 2.0.
- Feedback welcome.
- Hydra-Head 10.6.1 Released - Fixes https://github.com/samvera/hydra-head/issues/453
- Important fix around access controls.
- Moderator & notetaker for next time
- Moderator: Jim Coble
- Notetaker: LaRita Robinson
- After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call:
Open template agenda titled "Samvera Tech Call 2019-xx-xx"
- Click on ... in the top right corner, and select copy.
- Popup will open for location. It should contain:
- Space: Samvera
- Parent page: 2019
- Select copy. New page should be created.
- Modify the title to remove "copy of", update it with the next date, add moderator, notetaker, and any carry-over agenda info. Click Publish.
- PR Review
- Review issues: Postponed due engine_cart problems.
- PR review coordinator for next time: