How to connect: https://psu.zoom.us/j/613720745 (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available: https://psu.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=UZ_PRwQ56TNX1pDIsdDInAu8XPVqzlX3
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
18.104.22.168 (US West)
22.214.171.124 (US East)
126.96.36.199 (Hong Kong)
Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT
Moderator: Andrew Myers
Notetaker: James R. Griffin III
Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)
folks outside North and South America
folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
- Welcome all newcomers!
- Agenda (moderator)
- Call for new agenda items (moderator)
- Questioning Authority (QA) updates (Lynette Rayle)
- Adding CORS headers to QA in progress (Ref: https://fetch.spec.whatwg.org/#http-cors-protocol)
- QA release by end of week
- Hyrax release?
- Devise trackable module removed
- All new Hyrax installs broken?
- add agenda item here
- Notetaker and moderator for next time
- After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call:
Open template agenda titled "Samvera Tech Call 2018-xx-xx"
- Click on ... in the top right corner, and select copy.
- Popup will open for location. It should contain:
- Space: Samvera
- Parent page: 2018
- Select copy. New page should be created.
- Modify the title to remove "copy of", update it with the next date, add moderator, notetaker, and any carry-over agenda info. Click Publish.
- Letting everyone know that CORS headers are being added (optionally) to Questioning Authority, disabled by default
- Ready to make a QA release, but wanted this in before the release
- Security vulnerability on QA previously (this was announced previously), also there were just housekeeping items
- CCMWG attended to some issues also, along with linked data processing
- Expect the release by the end of the week
- EU decisions on privacy affected the Devise Trackable module
- last_signed_in_at column was affected
- field was no longer installed by Devise when Hyrax Apps are generated
- Without this module, tests would fail
- Coyne made a PR which addressed the failing tests
- Can work up release notes and provide support for this in a new release
- Will provide release notes by the end of the day today, need to confirm with the Hyrax WG
- Release will be addressed probably by late today or early tomorrow
- Need to upgrade to 2.2.1 in order to avoid this
- On a newly generated app on most versions of versions older than master, the problem will still be found
- Problem lies with the dependency, so generated a new app will raise these problems
- This should not be a problem for those who are already running Hyrax until they update Devise
- 2.0 and 2.1 backport may also be explored
Moderator: James R. Griffin III
Notetaker: Phil Suda
Meeting adjourned 12:18PM EDT for the review of Hyrax Pull Requests