Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time/Place

This meeting is a hybrid teleconference and IRC chat. Anyone is welcome to join...here's the info:

Attendees

Agenda

  1. Welcome to new Fedora Committer: Yinlin Chen
  2. Alignment Sprint 1 Progress Report  https://jira.duraspace.org/issues/?filter=14401
    1. Memento-Datetime header granularity issue RFC-1123
      1. The memento spec does not support version sub-second granularity 
      2. There is no problem with us supporting it internally (when creating mementos without specifying the header).
      3. However is we support sub-second granularity it is not clear how we will be able to import versions without losing information.
    2. FCREPO-2710 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    3. Challenges with acl:Append
      1. https://fcrepo.github.io/fcrepo-specification/#append-ldprs
      2. The spec defines rules at the HTTP method layer while the ACLs are implemented in the jcr layer.
      3. It makes it difficult to determine whether a POST, PUT or PATCH has occurred and whether a node existed when the transaction began.
      4. The javax.jcr.Node interface uses the same permsission (org.modeshape.jcr.SET_PROPERTY) for adding, updating and removing properties and generates the same: 
      5. reference tickets: 
        1. FCREPO-2715 - Getting issue details... STATUS
        2. FCREPO-2716 - Getting issue details... STATUS
        3. FCREPO-2717 - Getting issue details... STATUS


    4. 5.7.3 LDP-NR - Patching Binaries (LDP-NR) - do we plan to support?

  3. Specification of External Content interaction
    1. :Request:
      Link: <some-URI>;
               rel="http://fedora.info/definitions/fcrepo#ExternalContent";
               type="image/jpeg";
               handling=<copy|redirect|proxy>
      
      :Response:
      Content-Location: <some-URI>
      Content-Type: image/jpeg
      
      :Fedora advertising support:
      OPTIONS
      Accept-External-Content-Handling: <copy|redirect|proxy>
      
      :Comma separated list like Accept, if supporting multiple handling approaches:
  4. Feedback on Peter Eichman's writeup on the use of userAgent and groupAgent base URI's and their relationship to WebAC in order to clarify whether or not what if anything needs improvement/clarification/alignment

Sprint tickets 

T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
Loading...
Refresh

Ticket Summaries

  1. Please squash a bug!

     Click here to expand...

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
    Loading...
    Refresh

  2. Tickets resolved this week:

     Click here to expand...

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
    Loading...
    Refresh

  3. Tickets created this week:

     Click here to expand...

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution
    Loading...
    Refresh

Minutes

Regarding 2.a:

Bethany Seeger & awoods:

Memento Tools - Validator: http://mementoweb.org/tools/validator/


Regarding 2c:  Consensus seems to be that we should plan to that pull the webac out of the modeshape layer and handle it at the http layer.  That would both solve the problem with supporting acl:Append and reduce our dependency on modeshape paving the way for swapping it with something else.

Regarding 3. external content pr: https://github.com/fcrepo/fcrepo-specification/pull/343

Use POST/PUT requests to create external content nodes.

Consensus on proposed API changes. 

Action Items

  • Danny Bernstein determine whether there is any case where a PUT on a TimeMap would make sense. If there is it should be raised with the specification editors.
  • Peter Eichman to do a short writeup on the use of userAgent and groupAgent base URI's and their relationship to WebAC in order to clarify whether or not what if anything needs improvement/clarification/alignment. ACL Agents - Strings vs. URIs
  • No labels