This is the first meeting in a new series for DSpace Developers: DSpace Developer Show and Tell Meetings
Time: Feb 27, 2018 at 16:00 - 17:30 UTC (11AM ET - 12:30PM ET)
Note: this meeting will be recorded
- Basic deployment of DSpace in AWS (Amazon Web Services) Tim Donohue
- Developing DSpace with Janitor Patrick Trottier
Developing DSpace with Janitor Patrick Trottier
Janitor aims to enable developers to work on open source projects with ease and speed.
You can follow progress here: https://github.com/JanitorTechnology/dockerfiles/pull/155
- Initially for simplicity, Jan Keromnes (the founder of Janitor) and I have decided to host the Dockerfile for the project on Janitor's GitHub page.
- In the near future, Janitor aims to support Windows (using Azure) and macOS environment to unify the experience for testing and developing.
As the project is heading towards Beta and requires an invite to join, please send me a private message with your email in Slack and I can expedite the process.
- Why Janitor?
- How does Janitor work?
Basic deployment of DSpace in AWS (Amazon Web Services) using Puppet Tim Donohue
Topic: Talking through a very basic deployment of DSpace in the Cloud, similarly to demo.dspace.org setup, using these tools:
- puppet-dspace: https://github.com/DSpace/puppet-dspace (Deploys DSpace and prerequisites)
- puppet-dspace-demo: https://github.com/DSpace-Labs/puppet-dspace-demo (Cloud-init deployment scripts that use puppet-dspace to setup a demo site in the cloud)\
- More info at: demo.dspace.org Notes
Notes go here