Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


This meeting is a hybrid teleconference and IRC chat. Anyone is welcome to's the info:



  1. 4.7.2 patch release needed?  FCREPO-2416 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  2. Review encouraged for potential resolution to "many members" performance issue:  FCREPO-2105 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    1. Many Members Performance Testing
    2. Note: will discuss further on Monday's Performance/Scale meeting
  3. Changing fcrepo-webapp default messaging from topic to queue: considerations?

  4. Next Import/Export sprint: May 15-26... all are welcome!
  5. Question for Benjamin Armintor: What the the Columbia requirements for "external content"?
  6. Outstanding issues on Fedora API Specification
  7. ...
  8. Status of "in-flight" tickets

     Click here to expand...

Ticket Summaries

  1. Please squash a bug!

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution

  2. Tickets resolved this week:

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution

  3. Tickets created this week:

    Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution


  1. Patch release for security vulnerabilities?
    Cf. FCREPO-2416 .  Andrew Woods does not believe that the security vulnerabilities identified in the beanutils and struts modules pose any actual risk to Fedora but has a pull request pending to master to remove them from the war file anyway as a matter of good practice.  Do we need to backport this change to 4.x?  Consensus was that it would be good practice to do so, at least to 4.7 and 4.6.  No counter opinions were expressed.  Andrew Woods and Nick Ruest agreed to work on the patch releases over the next week and a half.  These can be expedited patch releases requiring only basic sanity testing.
  2. Many members issue.
    Cf. FCREPO-2416 and Many Members Performance Testing .  PR submitted by Danny Bernstein focuses on two changes related to improving retrieval performance of objects with many inbound or outbound references: (a) increasing the size of the ModeShape cache size and (b) enabling parallel streams by default in Fedora.  This will be discussed further at Monday's Performance - Scale meeting .  Andrew Woods encourages others to look at the PR and do some testing.  Esmé Cowles noted that he has continued to see performance issues with editing operations, though it's not clearly exactly what the source is.
  3. Default Fedora messaging: Change from topics to queues?
    Current default for messaging is topics.  Any counter-arguments to making queues the default?  (a) Some installations may be dependent on the current default and changing it would require some action on their behalf.  (b) If not properly configured, unattended queues can consume significant resources as they grow.  There was general consensus that, regardless of whether the default is changed or not, it would be beneficial to have an easier way to choose one or the other (currently, this requires editing a config file).  Suggestion was made to have no messaging as a third easy option to choose and perhaps make that the default.  Aaron Birkland spoke in favor of leaving topics the default, noting that topics are easier to understand than queues and anyone who wants to use queues already has to do some work to set that up.  It was pointed out that the API spec says Fedora does messaging so defaulting to no messaging is not ideal.  Decision was to leave default as it is (topics) but to add an easy way to toggle among topics, queues, and none via a system property or some such and to change the provided queues configuration to include some resource limiting configuration.  Andrew Woods will create an issue and Daniel Lamb agreed to be assigned to it.
  4. Next Import/Export Sprint.
    May 15-26.  Will focus on addressing issues raised by stakeholders testing previous work on this utility and on implementing "Phase 3" requirements, largely concerned with loss-less roundtripping of resources.  Developers, testers, and documenters are all sought for this sprint.
  5. Question about external content.
  6. Fedora API spec issues.
    Cf. issues on Fedora API Specification .  A couple of these have resolutions identified and just need PR's submitted. 

  • No labels