Child pages
  • September 11, 2020
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 17 Next »


Samvera Partners Call
Friday, September 11th, 2020
11:30 am  |  Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-05:00)  |  1 hr 



Meeting number: 737 192 431 
Meeting password:h9cwrT45


Join from a video conferencing system or application
Dial  738605799@tufts.webex.com


Join by phone
+1-617-627-6767 US Toll
Access code: 737 192 431 


Code of Conduct

We want Samvera Community to be a fun, informative, engaging event for all our partners and participants. We've got a few strategies to help make this happen:

    1. We encourage everyone to apply the Samvera community principles of openness, inquiry, and respect in their interactions at the event.

    2. We have officially adopted an Anti-Harassment Policy.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to community helpers 

Date


Facilitator: Rosalyn Metz

Note Taker: Nabeela Jaffer


Attendees

Richard Green (apologies)

Rosalyn Metz

Carolyn Caizzi

Robin Lindley Ruggaber

Brian McBride

Karen Cariani

James Halliday

Stuart Kenny

Alicia Morris

Nabeela Jaffer

Christopher Awre

Maria Whitaker

John Weise

Rick Johnson

Simeon Warner (9 mins late after wrestling with Webex!)

Harriett Green

Jon Dunn

Tina Baich

Nick Homenda

Esther Onega

Agenda and notes

  1. Notetaker for next call (October 9th) Dan Coughlin
  2. Any other items for the agenda? None

  3. Presentation from Indiana University - Nick Homenda

    Digital Collections is a forthcoming Hyrax-based digital image repository at Indiana University (IU) collaboratively developed by the IU Bloomington Libraries, IUPUI University Library, and University Information Technology Services, with major feature development by Notch8. This demonstration will cover features for managing multi-page digital objects and Allinson Flex, a flexible machine-readable metadata modeling implementation for Hyrax developed by Notch8.

    Q&A:

    1. Other partners are interested in integrations with Spotlight

    2. pdf performance is of interest as well
    3. Link to Presentation: iu-digital-collections-samvera-partners-2020.pptx

    4. Related links: 

      http://github.com/IU-Libraries-Joint-Development/essi12:08
      http://github.com/samvera-labs/bulkrax12:08
      http://github.com/samvera-labs/allinson_flex

  4. Status check on Community Manager appointment

    1. Carolyn: We had successful interviews. In the process of figuring out the offer. 
    2. Any questions? None
  5. Status check on Connect 2020
    1. Brian: Few updates: Received a lot of proposals for presentations.
    2. PC is meeting every week. By next week we will notify proposal presentees.
    3. Thinking of extending connect by one day. Will be deciding by next week
    4. Thanks to IU for Webinar license for Zoom
    5. Lightning talks close on Oct 4
    6. Poster call is out there. Due Wednesday Oct 7th
    7. Social committee will start meeting soon
    8. Mentoring group is also happening again this year
    9. There is a website for Sched, well be relying on it heavily this year. 
    10. Question about overall timing? PC is working on finalizing the time. It will start at 11 am EST, planning to go for about 3 or 3 1/2 hours. Posters will start on Oct 19th, 20, and 21st.
    11. Oct 22nd is the workshop day, either 90 min or 3-hour workshop
    12. Friday, Oct 23rd, is the traditional plenary day, solution bundles updates. A guest speaker as well 
    13. Following week, Oct 26-29 presentation, lightning talks, IG and WG updates.
  6. Status check on IMLS Grant
    1. There was a meeting last Monday or a week ago, of potential interested institution.
    2. AT this point we have commitments from IU, Emory, UC SB, Cornell, ND, NW. IU will be the lead, working on the preliminary proposal due by Oct 2nd
    3. If invited, will work on the full proposal
    4. Intended to build on the infrastructure of HYrax, working with PO, interest groups and working groups
  7. Anything to raise with the Steering Group (standing item)
    1. None
  8. Date of next call 
    1. Friday 9th October, usual time slot.



  • No labels