Our generous hosts at Washington University in St Louis have made provision for the award of up to three scholarships to Connect 2019. These scholarships will cover the cost of conference registration and three nights' accommodation only. They do not cover travel expenses, or evening meals. (Please note we briefly said, in error, that accommodation was not included.)
The Samvera Connect Scholarships Committee is committed to promoting diversity within the Samvera Community. Anyone who identifies with a group that is historically under-represented at such events (including, but not limited to, African Americans, Latinx, Indigenous Peoples, people with disabilities, cis women, people of transgender experience, and people of non-binary gender) is encouraged to apply.
Applications are open to all Samvera Community participants but priority consideration will be given to first time attendees, early career professionals, applicants from historically under-represented groups, and international applicants.
To apply for a scholarship, please use the form linked below. The closing date for applications is 21st August 2019 and we will notify the results as soon as possible, but no later than the week beginning 9th September.
In order to prepare your application, you may want to know that the form asks for the following (required fields shown with an asterisk):
- Email address*
- Country of residence*
- Employer name (if applicable)
- Employer type(if applicable)
- Job title or student information (as applicable)
- Line manager, colleague or tutor (for the purpose of a reference)
- Do you have institutional funds towards the costs of Samvera Connect?*
- Have you attended a Samvera Connect conference before?*
- What is it about Samvera Connect that interests you?*
- Why should you be the recipient of a Samvera Scholarship Award?*
- Any additional information you with to add (please be assured that your application will not be prejudiced if you do not supply extra information)