Scope & Objectives
The third, recurring, phase of this working group will continue the ongoing maintenance of identified core components in the community, via planned sprints and communication with product owners. Working group members will plan and participate in these sprints, as well as communicate that planning and welcome contributions from the larger community. The core components supported for this phase are identified within the following: http://samvera.github.io/core_components.html. It should further be noted that our efforts shall be coordinated with the appropriate Samvera governance bodies.
During the sustaining phase of this working group, the group will re-evaluate the WG charter and re-evaluate the core components list on a twice yearly basis roughly aligning with Spring Partner meetings and Samvera Connect in Fall.
Deliverables & Timeframe
Review and update Core Components list http://samvera.github.io/core_components.html
- Deprecate relevant projects in the samvera GitHub organization to samvera-deprecated
- Ensure the projects in the Samvera GitHub organization meet the standards to be there as defined at http://samvera.github.io/samvera_labs.html
- Promote relevant projects from samvera-labs to the Samvera github organization if they meet the requirements (or make them meet the requirements if they should)
Identify and prioritize areas of significant technical debt in core components and initiate working teams to address these issues as needed
Support deprecation, promotion, and prioritization with publicly available installation data where possible
Identify 1 member from the group to represent the Components Maintenance WG on the Samvera Roadmap Council
- Respond to any security alerts
- Review successes and failures of the group and review and renew charter.
- Written report on the status of core components in regards to Ruby/Rails compatibility or any security/technical issues we've been able or unable to deal with. "2019 Technical Health Report"
- Technical Health Report
Timeframe: Approximately 6 months: currently running from Samvera Connect 2018 through the 2019 Spring Partner Meeting (date TBD).
Meeting Times & Communication Channels
Weekly Meeting (time at group’s discretion) using a pre-announced agenda on the Samvera Community Wiki.
The facilitators identified for the current phase shall serve to maintain the agenda and coordinate the development sprints during these meetings. The first meeting of this phase will be scheduled some time soon after January 14, 2019.
- Noah Botimer (University of Michigan Library)
- Mark Bussey (Data Curation Experts)
- Trey Pendragon (Princeton University Library)
- James R. Griffin III (Princeton University Library)
- Bess Sadler (Data Curation Experts)
- Tom Johnson (UC Santa Barbara)
- Your Name Here
- 11/01/19 (Canceled)
- 10/11/19 (Canceled)
- 08/30/19 (Canceled)
- 08/02/19 (Sprint Retrospective)
- 07/26/19 (Canceled)
- 07/12/19 (Canceled)
- 07/05/19 (Canceled)
- 06/21/19 (Canceled)
- 06/14/19 (Canceled)
- 05/31/19 (Canceled)
- 05/10/19 (Sprint Retrospective)
- 07/16/18 (Canceled)
- 07/02/18 (Canceled)