Here are the details that we know today:
- Date: Friday, March 16, 2018
- Time: 09:00 - 17:00
- Location: Auditorium Rm 2206, Henry Madden Library, Fresno State
- RSVP: Please use Eventbrite for event registration, between December 1, 2017 (8 AM) and February 28, 2018 (5 PM).
Please feel free to contact Steven Orr (559.278.2579) with any suggestions or advice.
Meeting Content and Agenda
We are soliciting input for presentations and discussion topics, using the Tricider web application. Please visit that discussion page to provide input.
Welcome (5 min)
Explanation of facilities (5 min)
Participant introductions (10 min)
Break & Tech Set-up
Remote Presentation: Rob Kaufman
Break & Tech Set-up
Local Presentation: Crystal Richardson
"Maintaining a Samvera App" (Community notes)
Decide on Tricider Topics / Agenda
Topic Discussion #1: Advice for those just starting with Samvera / Managing users in Samvera / Dev → Prod (1 hour) (Community notes)
Guided walk to Dining Hall (10 min)
Henry Madden Library tour (Optional)
Topic Discussion #2: Batch Ingest Workflows (30 min) (Community notes)
Topic Discussion #3 (30 min) (Community notes)
Lightning Talks (6 @ 5 min)
Topic Discussion #4 (30 min) (Community notes)
Topic Discussion #5 (30 min) (Community notes)
Open Questions and Discussion
Network Access and Power Supply
Our campus participates in the Eduroam project, but we will also have temporary wireless access accounts, for those who require them.
We provide a small number of power strips (from campus resources) to facilitate our device charging requirements during this event; but if you can think of it–bring your own power-strip to share with others in need.
Meeting Location Details
Here are some details on location, hotel, dining and other items.
Library Contact Information
5200 N. Barton Ave.
Fresno, CA 93740-8014
Parking passes from other CSU campuses are allowed under a reciprocal arrangement. All other registrants must purchase a day pass using a campus parking kiosk, located near most campus entrances.
Driving Directions to Campus
Whether you're coming from the North or the South, you'll need to take the "Golden State Highway" (99) to the "Sequoia-Kings Canyon Freeway" (180) and go East. Now, the decision:
- At this point, we suggest you transfer to the "Sierra Freeway" (168) going North and get off at Shaw Ave (Exit 4), turning Left (West) and going three lights before turning Right onto N. Barton Ave.
- If you chose to transfer to the "Yosemite Freeway" (41) instead, you'll go North and get off at Shaw Ave (Exit 132), turning Right (East) and going approximately 1.8 miles before turning Left onto N. Barton Ave.
Hotels around Campus
We haven't yet reserved any blocks of rooms for this event and probably won't until we hear of a need. (We anticipate most will keep their visit to one day, driving in and out.)
Still, here is a list of nearby hotels in case it is your interest to stay longer:
East on Shaw Ave
- University Inn (559.294.0224): Short walk, but only passable quality.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clovis-Fresno Area (559.297.0555): Short drive and reasonable quality.
- Hilton Garden Inn Clovis (559.299.2203): Short drive and reasonable quality.
West on Shaw Ave
- University Square Hotel (559.224.4200): Short walk and reasonable quality.
- Best Western Plus Fresno Inn (559.229.5811): Short drive and reasonable quality.
- Ramada Fresno Near Cal State Fresno (559.892.1366): Short drive and passable quality.
Food Around Campus
For those who attend the event, we anticipate providing a continental-type of breakfast in the morning. For lunch, we are arranging to provide a free meal at our University Dining Hall, as a part of their Friday buffet offering.
For those who want to take charge of their own food needs, we have the typical food offerings nearby the library (3 min.) on-campus and a few more just a short walk away:
- To the East of the library, with an approx. 10-20 min. walk, there are the Campus Pointe restaurants.
- To the West of the library (near the corner of Cedar and Shaw), with an approx. 10 min. walk, one can find a Chipotle, Wendy's, Black Angus and Marie Calendar's restaurants.