- A. Soroka
- Jared Whiklo
- Danny Bernstein
- Esmé Cowles
- Marcus Barnes
- Michael Durbin
- Bethany Seeger
- David Wilcox
- Unknown User (acoburn)
- Joe Harrington
- Andrew Woods
- Longshou Situ
- Benjamin Armintor
- Jim Coble
- Yinlin Chen
- Daniel Lamb
- Kevin Ford
- Aaron Birkland
- Andy Wagner
- Nick Ruest
- Osman Din
- 4.7.0 and 4.6.1 release update
- Major remaining spec issues: Create-on-PUT, Headers vs. URIs for atomic ops
- Import-Export Sprint; Call for participation!
- Any news from the "Discovery" requirements front?
Status of "in-flight" tickets
Expand Jira server DuraSpace JIRA columns key,summary,type,created,updated,due,assignee,reporter,priority,status,resolution maximumIssues 20 jqlQuery filter=13202 serverId c815ca92-fd23-34c2-8fe3-956808caf8c5
Please squash a bug!
Expand Jira server DuraSpace JIRA columns key,summary,type,created,updated,due,assignee,reporter,priority,status,resolution maximumIssues 20 jqlQuery filter=13122 serverId c815ca92-fd23-34c2-8fe3-956808caf8c5
Tickets resolved this week:
Expand Jira server DuraSpace JIRA columns key,summary,type,created,updated,due,assignee,reporter,priority,status,resolution maximumIssues 20 jqlQuery filter=13111 serverId c815ca92-fd23-34c2-8fe3-956808caf8c5
Tickets created this week:
Expand Jira server DuraSpace JIRA columns key,summary,type,created,updated,due,assignee,reporter,priority,status,resolution maximumIssues 20 jqlQuery filter=13029 serverId c815ca92-fd23-34c2-8fe3-956808caf8c5
Topic: 4.6.1 patch release. Team: Jared, Dane Bernstein, Andrew Woods.
- Upgrade to ModeShape patch release (backup/restore capabilities compatible with newer version).
- Concurrent client creating the same resource
Release should be out at the end of next week.
Andrew discusses the background of the issue: Modeshape 4 Infinispan into a non-Infinispan ModeShape created introduced the issue. ModeShape applied patch to 5.2. , and that patch has been back ported now, so that’s what we have in 4.6.1. 4.7.0 is using the version of ModeShape that’s in between, so that’s the reason for an behind the issue. The solution suggested (by Kevin) is to continue with the releases (assuming no issues): follow up 4.7.0 with 4.7.1.
- Please test stuff if interested in either issue.
- Add test pages to wiki.
- 4.6.1 sanity test for Hydra and Islandora needed. (Esme has volunteered for some testing).
Adam Soroka (ajs6f) clarifies the background: “Trying to do a stable draft .. to present the community” with options (not finalize anything).
Issues at stake:
- Create-on-put: no No negative response yet (only discussion with benBen)
- Atomic operations: currently transactions Transactions have a URI currently. This is “better in some ways, not so in other ways.” ajs6f and Aaron Coburn seem inclined towards using headers.
ajs6f suggests different ways for the interested parties to submit feedback. Also stresses Stresses on the importance of finding out where the code base diverges from the spec.
ajs6f: But there’s more to that. : (a) sometimes they are the same resources; (b) the resource is the same, but the state is different (after mutation, etc.).
Andrew’s point # 2: Easy to following links for transactions with URIs, easy to remove the URI… With With headers, “the browser interaction would be more complex.”
ajs6f: Removing a segment from a URI is no more restful RESTful than adding a header is. We can add canonical links. If you remove the headers, you are at the resource. . . so it’s very “natural” — otherwise you have to follow a series of links, “the “. . . the semantics of which might not be obvious”obvious." There are tradeoffs on either side. (Andrew in agreement about the tradeoffs).
- Nick: 3rd sprint, starting Monday. Short on volunteers (Tasks: (a) coding and (b) testing/documentation).
- Esme and Jared (and Danny Bernstein) are available.
- Bethany and Joshua are working on a Python tool to do verification
- Contact Bethany if interested in working on details.
- Looking for more volunteers.
(barmintor Ben mostly inaudible)
- awoods (providing a summary): The issue was raised at HydraConnect higher; folks are still talking about it.
- "Discovery is not the right word here."
- Ben: No one word yet . . .
- Esme: “. . . not sure if there’s a good term to encapsulate that..”
- awoods: As the requirements do solidify, it would help to have them have mentioned in this call.
- ajs6f (side comment): Not sure if we are all (mikeAtUVa, e.g.) talking about the same thing. . (Andrew agrees.)
Please review tickets if you are the assignee.