The Leadership Group is made up of members that contribute over $20,000 annually to the project, along with representatives from institutions contributing at least 0.5 FTE in-kind developers, or a combination of financial and in-kind resources. See In-Kind Guidelines for more information.
Members that contribute at lower levels can also be elected to serve on the leadership group. See Elections for more information.
The Leadership Group approves the overall priorities and strategic direction of the project by:
A complete list of Leadership Group members can be found on the Fedora website.
- Ambassadors must be nominated by a current member of the Leadership Group
- The nomination must be seconded by another member of the Leadership Group
- Once a candidate has been nominated, Leaders will have two weeks to discuss the nomination and raise any issues
- At the end of the two week discussion period, a private vote will be held
- A simple majority vote will approve the candidate as an Ambassador
- The Steering Group will serve as arbiter in case of a tie vote or other issues that may arise
- Ambassadors will serve a three year term, with the possibility for renewal
- If the need arises, ambassadors can be removed from the Leadership Group via a motion from a member of the Leadership Group followed by a vote
In order to facilitate closer alignment with the Islandora and Samvera communities from a technical perspective, a technical liaison from each community will be appointed to the Fedora Leadership Group in a non-voting capacity. Each community will be asked to put forward one technical liaison based on the following criteria.