DSpace 1.7.3 can be downloaded immediately at either of the following locations:
|Table of Contents|
DSpace 1.7.3 is a security fix release to resolve a JSPUI security vulnerability in the 1.7.x platform.
This security release includes the following fixes:
- Resolved security issue in JSPUI (DS-1603 - requires a JIRA account to access). This fix has been backported from the DSpace 3.2 release.
- Minor cleanup of the 1.7.x codebase so that it is Git/GitHub friendly. This means that 1.7.3 can now be forked or checked out from GitHub, using either Git or Subversion
- Updated 1.7.x codebase to build properly when using Maven 3
We highly recommend all 1.7.x JSPUI users upgrade to 1.7.3.
- For upgrade instructions for 1.7.x to 1.7.3, please see Upgrading From 1.7 to 1.7.x.
- For upgrade instructions for 1.6.x to 1.7.3, please see Upgrading From 1.6.x to 1.7.x
- For general upgrade instructions, please see Upgrading a DSpace Installation
No new features in DSpace 1.7.3
1.7.3 is a security fix release. This means it includes no new features.
For a list of all new 1.7 Features, please visit the DSpace Release 1.7.0 Notes.
The following fixes were released in 1.7.3.
This release also included a security fix (which requires a JIRA account to view):
- DS-1603 - Resolves a security issue in JSPUI
- Release Coordinator: Committers Team (shared coordination) led by Hardy Pottinger
Timeline and Proceeding
- Release Date: July 25, 2013.
Release Process will proceed according to the following Maven release process: Release Procedure