- See sample of OAUTH support in the ODIN prototype for claiming items
- Basic OAUTH process: authenticate, get token, then get profile information with a separate call.
- Will need to use an OAUTH 2.0 library, possibly https://code.google.com/p/google-oauth-java-client
Adding ORCIDs to items at submission
As described in the comments below, this portion of the integration is being addressed by Atmire, in the DSpace 5 ORCID Integration.
When users submit new DSpace items, the authors listed in the items should be associated with ORCIDs.
- There must be buttons that allow the submitter to lookup ORCIDs of all authors on the item.
- Pressing one of these buttons launches a new window which searches the ORCID system for the given author's name.
- If the search locates the correct author, the submitter selects the author, and the associated ORCID is transmitted back to Dryad.
- If the target author does not already have an ORCID, they should be invited to create one.
Expected changes to DSpace: