Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.


This meeting is a hybrid teleconference and slack chat. Anyone is welcome to's the info:


**Each week a meeting chair will be assigned based on a rotating schedule.**

(star) - denotes note taker


  1. Announcements:
    1. Fedora 6 meet and greet
    2. Fedora at OR
  2. Pop-up/Other Topics:
    1. FAST question:
    2. Tom Wrobel's question about search_resource_rdf_type_transactions - transaction blocking updates to parts of an AO, rolling all of them back allowed access again
  3. Migration Updates:
  4. Updates on:

    1. Open Tickets (but assigned in some cases): 
      1. Jira
        serverFedora JIRA
      2. Jira
        serverFedora JIRA
      3. Jira
        serverFedora JIRA
      4. Jira
        serverFedora JIRA
      5. Jira
        serverFedora JIRA
    2.  In Progress and older but still relevant open tickets:
      1. Jira
        serverFedora JIRA
      2. Jira
        serverFedora JIRA
    3. In Review:
      1. Jira
        serverFedora JIRA
      2. Jira
        serverFedora JIRA
  5. New tickets:

  6. Backlog Tickets to consider working:
  7. Next Meeting Chair:
    1. Chair: Doron Shalvi
    2. Note Taker: Jared Whiklo

See Rotating Schedule here 



  • Had a Fedora 6 "meet and greet" with Erudit team and Fedora 6 users + OCFL representation to discuss implementations
    • Erudit wanted to ask questions about people's experiences migrating to 6 and to pick their brains on what to expect
    • Willing to share their findings and experiences as they move through their process
  • Was a good meeting, shows good investment in the tools, the community and the available support

  • Arran trying to arrange a Fedora gathering of some kind in conjunction with OR in Sweden
    • Ideas: migration tutorial, live support on individualized issues, infrastructure show and tell (discussions around how people are using Fedora and what kind of technology they have in place), 

Pop Up Topics:

  • FAST question from listserv/Slack - Fedora doesn’t really have anything to do with controlled vocabulary
    • Are they looking for an integration?
    • Fedora could store the properties, but storing the terminology is not at the Fedora layer
  • Tom’s question from Slack
    • Is there something not getting released when it should be released?
      • Unsure if we’re missing something during testing that needs to be cleaned up?
      • Might be something in the 6.5 release that will at least list transactions with exceptions
      • Is there anything we have that finds transactions that are past their due date?
      • Will need some follow up
        • would be good to see a stacktrace to see if it is related to a Fedora transaction

Migration Updates:

  • Open University is moving through bureaucracy and starting to look at the migration-utils
    • Early stage tests seem positive
    • DC namespace - should we migrate to the newer DC elements?
      • Fedora migrates what’s there, so do we want to make assumptions for the user? There is post-migration work that can be done to resolve this
  • NLW - feature request for migration-utils: configuration for list of properties that you would like to migrate


3918 - Thomas’ idea holder

3917 - Thomas

3920 - Dan - found this during NLW work

  • Haven’t checked to see if it fails
  • Because noting is defined, it would just write to tomcat home directory
  • Documentation is inaccurate because it’s listed as the default path, so documentation needs to be updated
    • README needs to be updated

3910 - waiting on Thomas to look in to it more

3906 - it’s not very clear where to put the note on jsonLD support

  • Someone needs to figure out where to put it and Jared will do it
  • Start a wiki page to start to expand on this and what serialization formats we accept
  • Jared will amend the ticket to include this info
  • Someone on Islandora was asking about jsonld support - Dan will see if he can find it

3919 - Dan working on this, almost complete

3912 - Thomas

  • Keep latest tag around for now
  • Notify community that we will be moving away from using “latest” tag and using a different convention to indicate what build you should use

3907 - Mike just got back to doing additional testing and will complete testing today

  • Should be able to merge soon

3834 - accidentally closed, but still needs review

Islandora question:

  • Does need to be released to resolve

Release Candidate status: 

Before next week:

  • Dan will resolve 3834
  • Mike will resolve 3907
  • Check in on next Wednesday to see where we are for tickets

Next meeting we will starting the RC process.