SynSICRIS is an extension from DSpace-CRIS that helps for planning and monitoring of researchs' contributions to societal impact.
The aim of the monitoring tool is:
- Foster social impact orientation from planning to beyond project completion.
- Reduces documentation effort through synergies: Replaces parts of applications and reports for research funding
- Support multiple use of data for evaluation, transfer and research funding processes
The data-model of the monitoring-tool is based on a set of criteria that can be used to assess the social impact potential of projects. This allows a timely and fair assessment (which would not be possible with impact measurement). The criteris-set and the monitoring-tool is theoretically backed by approaches, that focus on increasing the potential for desireable societal impact (like productive interactions, responsible research and innovation, transdisciplinary research, open science, knowledge and technology transfer, innovation studies, sustainability assessment, etc.).
- Specifically tailored for German federal research funding – with an approach that is as generalistic as possible to allow broader use
- Developed in the field of agriculture, food, environment and sustainability – transferability to other thematic areas is expected
- Usable also in parts and with some adaptations for research institutions (e.g. impact-pathway or parts of the data model
Children Display all true
Project's homepage: https://www.synsicris.de
More theoretical background (mostly in German): https://www.uni-kassel.de/forschung/synsicris/ergebnisse