- (30 mins) General Discussion Topics
- Updates from Notify project & DSpace Steering Group meeting
- Ensuring developers have plenty to work on (as many team members have upcoming holidays at end of July / early Aug)
- Initial discussion of possible microservice architecture for IIIF search API queries and OCR indexing.
- DSpace pull request for CLI (work-in-progress, includes discussion): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/8241
- Current service (so far this supports only adding, converting, and removing OCR files from the index): https://github.com/mspalti/solr_ocr_processor
- The Solr plugin (with optional lazy-loading of OCR files from disk): https://github.com/dbmdz/solr-ocrhighlighting , documentation: https://dbmdz.github.io/solr-ocrhighlighting/0.8.1/
- Deduplication Detection submission step – ported from DSpace-CRIS by the Library Code. Consider for 7.4?
- Backend: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/8415 (REST Contract : https://github.com/DSpace/RestContract/pull/198)
- Frontend: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/1732
- (30 mins) Planning for next week
- Review the Backlog Board - Are there any tickets here stuck in the "Triage" column? We'd like to keep this column as small as possible.
- Review the 7.4 Project Board - Assign tickets to developers & assign PRs to reviewers.
- Paid (by DSpace project) developers must keep in mind priority. If new "high" or "medium" priority tickets come in, developers should move effort off of "low" priority tasks.
- Volunteer developers are allowed to work on tickets regardless of priority, but ideally will review code in priority order