Page tree

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

  1. Welcome and Introductions
    1. Maureen welcomes everyone and starts the meeting. 
  2. Governance Matters
    1. Vice-chair voting results presented. Agustina has been confirmed as the Vice Chair for the current governance year.
  3. Conflict of Interest
    1. Maureen informed the group everyone needed to submit a signed Conflict of Interest form with a deadline of June 30th. Please send to Laurie.
  4. FY23 Budget discussion
    1. Maureen and Laurie presented the budget aprroved approved by Steering for group discussion. The group moved to an official vote by Leadership to approve the budget. The budget is approved by Leadership.
  5. Position description
    1. Laurie and Tim presented the new position description for a part-time position approved by Steering and discussed plans for staff support with funds raised by SCOSS campaign.
  6. DSpace 5 and 6
    1. Tim discussed where we are with DSpace 5.x and DSpace 6.x and the necessity of ending support for both and the timeline for each. The EOL timeline for DSpace 5.x and DSpace 6.x was approved by Steering. The email language that will be shared with the community was approved by Steering. Tim will send out the EOL email and post the Wiki page wuth with more information following the Leadership meeting (Tuesday next week to avoid two holidays).
  7. DSpace Development Update
    1. Tim provided an update on DSpace 7 development and where we are with 7.3 - 7.3 will be released after OR2022 toward the end of June. It is a very large release.
  8. Registered Service Providers
    1. Michele provided an update on the new structure for RSPs. The new contract is drafted, comments colelcted, and it should begin July 1st - it will be a pilot/experimental for the first year.
  9. DSpace Community Advisory Team Update
    1. Maureen provided an update on DCAT and their work to create end-user facing documentation for DSpace 7: Learning DSpace. All our welcome to contribute to the documentation.
  10. Fundraising updates
    1. Laurie provided updates on the Development fund (to date $55,000 pledged) and SCOSS (143,000 Euros pledged so far over three years)
  11. VIVO, COAR, OR2022
    1. Maureen provided informational updates on the progress of the DSpace Vivo integration work, COAR, and OR2022.
    2. Based on the recommendation from COAR, Steering approved a proposal to replacie replace "ResourceSync" with "COAR Notify" on our "Tier 3: Medium Priority" listing for DSpace 7 priorities. "ResourceSync" will be moved to Tier 5: Low Priority (very bottom of that list).  COAR made it clear that while it's nice to have, it's not as high priority as "Notify" at this time. "COAR Notify" will be annotated as "In development - to be donated", as it's our understanding that all code will be built & donated by the Harvard team.  Once the code is donated, Tim & Tech Team will do their best to review it in a timely manner & determine which 7.x release it can fit into. However, Tim will also ensure it doesn't negatively impact any funded development goals/priorities.
    3. DSpace will be well represented at OR2022 and will participate in the Repository Rodeo.
  12. DSpace statements
    1. Maureen provided more context for the motivation behind the proposal for a statement on Ukraine that was approved by Steering and Leadership. One of our community members who is very active, including as a member of DCAT was directly and negatively impacted. The group discussed in what circumstances would DSpace consider possible statements in the future and the consensus was we would definitely consider when it impacted members of our community.
  13. Invest In Open Infrastructure
    1. The group discussed how DSpace is listed and decided we would defer discussion of working on possible remediation to a future leadership meeting with potential breakout rooms.
  14. Any other business, as time allows
    1. None. 

...