This wiki space is archived.

The active wiki for the Samvera Community can be found here: https://samvera.atlassian.net/


Child pages
  • 2020-12-11 Partner Call

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

  1. Notetaker for next call (January 8th):  Chris Awre

  2. Any other items for the agenda? 

  3. Community actions this month
    1. Code of Conduct Incident Report workshop held for 13 attendees
      1. Hannah will report to the community about the experience
      2. A good experience that also highlighted what gaps there are in our process
      3. Jessica Hilt has a lead to continue the code of conduct review work; will hopefully have an update in January
    2. Save the Date for Samvera Virtual Connect April 20 - 21, 2021
      1. Keep an eye out for CFP
    3. Confluence migration on December 15th
      1. Moving forward next week
      2. Wiki will be read-only starting the 15th for migration
      3. Expect edit access to be restored on new wiki space by Friday the 18th
      4. Email invitations will go out to any previous editors for the new space
      5. Action item: Make sure your current contact information in the wiki is accurate (email)
    4. Reminder to add or update your institution's listing in the Samvera Implementations in progress and in production lists 
      1. Action Item: Review to update and add your project
        1. Particular attention to updating the contact/email
      2. Goal is to have good implementation stories to feature on Samvera.org; facilitate cross-group collaboration
    5. Marketing Working Group and Repository Manager's Working Group collaborating on implementation stories
      1. Call for Participation:  Anyone interested in marketing and communications should feel free to join marketing group meetings
    6. Communication planning in process with Marketing Working Group; monthly newsletter added and blog post submissions and suggestions welcome
      1. Open to suggestions on other communications for 2021, so contact Heather with ideas
      2. One goal is to reach to folks outside the community and help share what Samvera is doing
    7. Current Community Asks
      1. All community members should feel free to add to this
      2. Current asks:
        1. Hyrax Working Group has a Call for Participation open for January-June 2021; looking for 2 developers and 1 issues tester; ideally .5 FTE; contact Julie Hardesty if interested; The issues tester is a great opportunity for non-developers looking to get involved
        2. Action Item: Update the Roadmaps Alignment document with the features your institution plans to add or would like to add to your installation(s)
    8. Looking for Partner meeting demos for 2021 - 
      1. Action Item: Reach out to Heather to schedule demos for partner meetings for any meeting following January 2021

  4. Samvera fiscal sponsor/organizational home arrangement – time for review
    1. LYRASIS is changing the structure of their fiscal relationships and it won't be an option for Samvera to continue with the same custom structure.  Steering is looking at evaluation criteria to select a new potential fiscal home.  This will be a priority agenda item for the Steering winter retreat.
    2. Action Item: If you know of any sponsor/organizational home suggestions worth investigating, please share.
  5. Set date for Spring 2021 Partner Meeting: April 12-13 (week before Virtual Connect)
    1. Two 3-hour days.  AMIA conference is the suggested week, but this may not be a conflict.

  6. Anything to raise with the Steering Group (standing item)

  7. Date of next call
    1. Friday 8th January, usual time slot –
      1. Demo: ScholarSphere Demo from Seth Erickson, Penn State University Libraries