The export page shows two boxes to set the query and the entity type of the entities used for export. You can choose only one entity type of DSpace-CRIS per export (e.g. you can export ResearcherPage in the single export but not ResearcherPage and OrganizationUnit together; To export the full repository needs to export one by one the entities type).
The export is available also via batch script:
dspace dsrun org.dspace.app.cris.batch.ScriptCrisBulkExport -e <rp|pj|ou|events|journals|..> -f <export_destination_file>
The import functionality is available on Administrative section of DSpace-CRIS (like export) and via Batch Script:
- CREATE build a brand new entity, if the object is founded in the repository works as UPDATE
- UPDATE* try to update the existent entity founded on database. The entity is retrieved using the CRISID, UUID, SOURCEREF, SOURCEID, if no entity is found on the database OR there are no values in CRISID, UUID, SOURCEREF, SOURCEID cells then it works as CREATE action
- DELETE***: remove the entity and its nested object from repository
- HIDE**: set the public visibility to hide, if the object is not found works as CREATE
- SHOW**: set the visibility to public , if the object is not found works as CREATE
*Please note that if you don’t want modify a metadata you can remove the column from the excel file for import, but please make attention because do not recognize the column with a new type of metadata not present in the DSpace-CRIS at moment of the import
**Please note that this action works in append mode this means that if you export an entity and add the action column with HIDE/SHOW it will double every metadata (except for the related nested object that works different). If you want just to change the visibility of the entity you should blank the cells and make action with HIDE/SHOW value
***Please note that to remove only nested you have to empties all cells related to the nested row except identifiers column from (column from A to F in the Nested Entities Sheet).
- <VALUE> the absolute path on the local machine to the file**
*Please note that if local attribute is false then the file will be retrieved from the local absolute path on server machine
**Please note that the path MUST be visible to the user that launch the batch script or the Tomcat users
[visibility=PUBLIC LOCAL=false]/path_to_file /image.jpg