Attendees: Jason, Tim, Greg, Huda, Steven, Simeon
Actions from 2020-10-30 Cornell LD4P3 Meeting notes
- Jason Kovari (from 2020-10-30 meeting) will kick off work on functional requirements for discussion Nov 6
- Jason working on pictures of edit workflows to parallel Stanford work
- Lynette Rayle to finalize the survey for cataloger user stories for PCC feedback and ranking by working group, check with IRB
- 2020-11-06 - Survey finalized. Waiting on response from IRB.
- Tim Worrall will sort out code in LD4P3 repo and look at adding button to highlight Discogs field
- 2020-11-13 Tim will demo the highlight feature to user reps today, has been working on migration to branch for D&A deployment
- https://github.com/LD4P/discovery/projects/2 for issues etc.
- Draft of a discovery plan: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zKYW7FQVVNvyd0XjjW0qWznX9PC3jbmOE6Kz_yygPjs/edit?usp=sharing
- Strand 1: production piece
- Discussion with Tracey re. use case and benefit – DONE
- LTS engagement re. metadata - DONE
- Production requirements and functionality – Production decision points
- Demo and discussion with D&A User Reps and dev team – DONE
- Following up after user reps meeting
- New demo to User Reps
- 2020-11-06 Didn't manage to get demo for User Reps on Nov 5 due to other pressures. Still making some tweaks to the layout and highlighting
- Question of using QA vs going directly - will use Discogs directly for now to avoid adding QA
- Will do demo next Friday for User Reps
- Assuming User Reps approve to move forward, will plan to move code into LD4, add issues as part of D&A to add tests. Expect to deploy as part of January D&A sprint
- New demo to User Reps
- Strand 2: research: how to go from knowledge graph to an index
- Research decision points
- Use cases - first review 2020-09-18
- First goal: DASH! dashboard (full page for entity) that extends on the idea of an embedded knowledge panel, aim to have functional prototype for end of year
- DASH! (Displaying Authorities Seamlessly Here)
- Dashboard design meeting kickoff notes - will also try to understand what our data will support or connections to other data sources
- Huda has continued work on dashboard page, discussions ui possibilities and analysis of prevalence of geographic and time data in subjects.
- Hope to be able to get a sense of how many catalog items have geographic or time data via the subject information.
- Looked at Harvard remote user testing presentation – approach was similar to remote testing we have done before. Will look at IRB and think about how to work toward evaluations by end of year
- Plan to work with Tim and Astrid on design ideas; and work out user testing approach
- LD4P2 work reuse: Had set up LCSH index (i.e. most of the LCSH subject headings with URI and label) for search. Will reuse that and update with information from PeriodO, and separately temporal and geographic components.
- Design ideas: Will follow up with others, but generally, page load brings up aboutness and then enables browsing options/launching a page with LCSH
- Next steps: Prototype using 2-3 examples. Design follow up with Tim and Astrid. (Also need to get that IRB paperwork down in preparation for any possible usability evaluation)
Linked-Data Authority Support (WP2)