Recommendations: discussion reflected below in updated agenda above but separate recommendation doc will be created and shared with leadership.
- Meetings held quarterly, with option to call "emergency" meeting when necessary.
- Meetings held in September, January, April, and (late) June (not physically at Open Repositories).
- Meeting duration: 2 hours
- Role of Leadership: Approves the overall priorities and strategic direction of the program by
- approving the annual budget and product roadmap
- nominating and electing Steering Group members
- voting on significant changes to strategic direction or roadmap presented by the Steering Group and
- helping to raise funds and secure other resources on behalf of the DSpace Program
- All other decisions are made by Steering.
- Transparent communication (i.e. decisions made by steering communicated to Leadership group within x time), and any Leader has the authority to call an emergency meeting about any issues.
- Some working groups may be limited to Leaders.
- Meeting format and content:
- Reports from working groups and LYRASIS DCSP team,
- Report from SG and
- Presentation of items for voting or discussion,
- Special topics or guest presentations.
- Meeting agendas and materials will be provided a week in advance.
- Meetings held monthly.
- Meeting duration: 1.5 hours
- Role of Steering: Provides program oversight and ensures that the priorities of the Leadership Group and members are met. This includes:
- Operational oversight, including time-sensitive requests
- Set strategic priorities (for approval by Leadership)
- Recommend budget allocations (for approval by Leadership)
- Assist with fundraising
- Commission working groups
- Sets agenda for Leadership Meeting
- Steering is empowered
- All decisions made by SG are send to LG with the right of any LG member to call an emergency meeting on such decisions within 3 days
- Terms: 3-year term, do not have to be a Leader to be elected to Steering. Can be reelected.
Wrap Up and next steps
Let’s refine and make recommendations to Leadership for the October meeting vote. This is effective immediately - meaning leadership won’t meet again until January 2021.