- IntelliJ IDEA
- IDE Integration - DSpace and IDEA (covers IDEA + maven + ant + tomcat).
- Eclipse (Instructions are outdated: Most of our active developers/committers tend to use either IDEA or NetBeans.)
- IDE Integration - DSpace, Eclipse and Tomcat
- How to setup Eclipse, Tomcat, and DSpace for Development (Scott Phillips' blog)
- Creating and Applying Patches in Eclipse
- Docker Compose - DSpace - A great way to get started quickly with DSpace development! This spins up a local Virtual Machine (using Vagrant) and automatically installs DSpace & configures Git for you. It even (optionally) integrates with your favorite IDE, or you can develop using commanline tools.Docker scripts can be found in the source code
- Any source editor