- Follow-up to Submission form conceptual design. Review & Discuss Atmire plan
- All generally agree with approach laid out in https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/818#issuecomment-669765211
- Andrea notes that the PATCH request fields should match the response fields. See https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/818#issuecomment-685994648
- Tim adds very minor feedback. Doesn't like the "type='plain-metadata-value'" as that's a rather long type name. Is it possible to shorten to "type='metadatavalue'"? Or is there a reason why we need to note this is "plain" metadata?
- All agree this is lower priority for 7.0, as the features "work" (once Controlled Vocab PR is merged, and it's close). So, this work is essentially a major refactor to make the relationships/entities code easier to maintain in the long run, and align it so that everything in the Submission Process goes through the WorkspaceItem and WorkflowItem. The features will work in 7.0, but in 7.1 we'll refactor/clean them up.
- NEXT STEPS
- Ben Bosman will create a REST Contract PR to describe necessary changes (based on the approach he already laid out, with feedback from others)
- Tim Donohue will create two new tickets for 7.1
- A ticket for the REST API implementation, copying over Ben's estimates & eventually linking to the REST Contract PR. (UPDATE: created at https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/issues/2953)
- A ticket for the Angular implementation. Art Lowel (Atmire)will add details of some necessary changes he's aware of, along with a rough estimate of work. (UPDATE: created at https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/858)