Topic suggestions for work during the November 2020 Developer Congress. Please follow checklist below for submitting your proposed topic. If your topic has related github issues they can be added to the 2020 Developer Congress Project Issue Board.
Topic Proposal Checklist
- Short Title
- Link to Issues, Branches, Documentation, etc.
- Duration, estimate how long the session will last (For example: 3hrs, (2) 8hr days, etc.)
- Proposed By (Samvera Slack Channel Handle)
- Facilitator (Samvera Slack Channel Handle) (Topic Facilitator Guide - Developer Congress 2020)
Title: Update ActiveFedora to work on Fedora 5.
Description: We have a branch sitting around that almost gets ActiveFedora working with Fedora 5, we could work together to get this passing.
Duration: 6 hrs
Proposed By: Trey Pendragon (Slack: @tpendragon)
Facilitator: Seeking a facilitator.
NOTE: Put this information in the Proposed Topics table below.
- add a topic to the table of proposed topics below (See 187178669 and example above for guidance on proposing a topic.)
- identify yourself as a facilitator for a topic you propose or a topic proposed by others (See 187178669 below.)
- indicate your interest in one or more topics
|Title||Description||Links||Time Estimate||Proposed By||Facilitator||Interested in|
|Review Samvera Labs for Promotion Candidates (or Archive Candidates)||We have quite a few repositories in Samvera Labs. Some of these may warrant promotion into Samvera; Others may be something to move to samvera-deprecated||https://samvera.github.io/samvera_labs.html||Duration of the Dev Congress|
Jeremy Friesen (per discussions in 2020-09-10 - Samvera Branch Renaming Working Group
|Finish Checklist of Accessibility Improvements||An existing checklist of accessibility improvements is over halfway done on Arclight - would be nice to close it out.|
|What are we going to do about the cloud?!||Some steps have been taken toward containerization and orchestration support for Samvera components, but we're missing a clear vision for what support would be useful, what containers and other resources we should publish and maintain, etc... Can we fulfill the vision of "Hydra in a Box" (a box is a type of container, after all)?||immemorial|
Tom Johnson @no_reply
|IIIF Media Player||Continue work on IIIF Media Player NPM module to push towards a production ready release||https://github.com/avalonmediasystem/react-iiif-media-player||Dev congress and extending beyond in community sprint.||Adam Joseph Arling||Adam Joseph Arling|
|Hyrax-Valkyrization||Continue work on moving Hyrax toward being able to switch over to Valkyrie as the data layer.||Dev congress and beyond||Lynette Rayle|
Lynette Rayle (if needed - happy for someone else to lead)
- Propose or claim a topic in the Proposed Topics table above
- You will be asked to introduce your topic with a brief summary (minute or less) during the kick off meeting
Goal of this checklist is to enable leaders of specific issues to be able to collect resources for those interested in contributing; aiming to provide a shared knowledge base before beginning the work together. While optional, if you're facilitating a topic we recommend you provide these resources to attendees ahead of time:
- Prepare zoom link or slack room link that will be used for contributors to gather
- Prepare short list of languages the work will be coded in
- Prepare list of any tutorials a contributor can complete to familiarize themselves with the work ahead
- If similar work has occurred in other repositories please include links to those repositories as well