Page tree

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Added notes

...

  • Pascal-Nicolas Becker (The Library Code)*

  • Allan Bell (University of British Columbia Library) 

  • John Butler (University of Minnesota)*
  • Suzanne Chase (Georgetown University)

  • Lieven Droogmans (Atmire)*
  • Federico Ferrario / Roberto Suardi (Cineca)

  • Scott Hanrath (University of Kansas) 

  • Barbara Hirschmann (ETH Zurich) 
  • Jyrki Ilva (National Library of Finland)*

  • Jayan Kurian (University of Sunshine Coast)
  • Pierre Lasou (Université Laval)

  • Mariya Maistrovskaya (University of Toronto)
  • Lautaro Julián Matas (LA Referencia / RedCLARA)
  • João Mendes Moreira (Foundation of Science and Technology Portugal)

  • Susanna Mornati (4Science)*

  • César Olivares (CONCYTEC)*
  • Jere Odell (Indiana University Purdue University Indiana)

  • Kristi Park (Texas Digital Library) - Chair

  • Beate Rajski (Hamburg University of Technology)(star)
  • Gail Steinhart (Cornell University)
  • Peter Sutton-Long (University of Cambridge, interim)*
  • Maureen Walsh (The Ohio State University Libraries)*

...

#

Time

Item

Information

Who

15 minWelcome, announcements
Kristi Park
215 minFY21 Budget

Budget doc shared via DSpace Leaders Google Group

Given rapid change due to COVID19, DSpace Steering revisited the FY20-21 budget at Leadership's request and approved a new proposed budget.

Leadership will vote on this initial proposed budget but should also be prepared for changes as we learn more about renewal rates, contract development timelines and fundraising. 

Laurie Arp
210 minDSpace 7 development update
DSpace 7 development status

Tim Donohue
315 minFundraising and Community Engagement update

Robert Miller, Kristi Park, Michele Mennielli

510 min

Marketing Working Group report

2020 Marketing Working Group Meeting Notes

Heather Greer Klein
65 minAny other business?

Notes: 

1. Welcome, announcements

  • Kristi welcomes Laurie Arp in her new role as permanent Director of the DuraSpace Community-Supported Programs (DCSP) Division.

2. FY21 Budget

  • Laurie presents the proposed FY20-21 budget which was revisited by DSpace Steering due to COVID-19.
  • 10% lower membership revenue is estimated due to Corona consequences. The development will be reported regularly at the next LG meetings. Raised revenue can be expected from the German consortium.
  • The sum of the fundraising is a conservative estimate considering Corona.
  • The budget will receive continuous updates during the year
  • Vote: The budget passes the Leadership Group

3. DSpace 7 development update

  • Tim: DSpace beta 2 was released yesterday with a slight delay
  • The email announcement will be followed by a blog post
  • Next is a planning sprint until the end of April
  • Congratulations from LG!
  • John: Are there still testers and reviewers needed?
  • Tim: Situation is slightly better, e.g. because of Michele's efforts programmers from Mexico have stepped in. Still more help is needed. For anyone interested: contact Tim, review pull requests or join a meeting of the DSpace 7 working group.  

4. Fundraising and Community Engagement update

  • Bob: Fundraising has amounted to 118,000 $ so far. Corona has impact on fundraising calls
  • Kristie presents the plan from the marketing working group to host two DSpace Community Forums on Zoom next week for Bronze and Copper Members and Supporters. There will be room for discussion when the current status of DSpace is reported and possibilities for participation are presented. The meetings will not be recorded.
  • 12 sign-ups already. The 28 German members have not been individually invited since they have already been addressed at the Anwendertreffen already but are welcome to join.
  • LG members are asked to contact the participants for a follow-up. Email templates are provided by Mic and Kristi. Kristie will send email with details.
  • Discussion: It might be the wrong time to ask for (financial) involvement - It might be inspiring to hear from other countries - There is nothing to loose with a call
  • Action Item: LG members are asked to sign up for 2-3 Bronze/Copper Members or Supporters to contact following the Community Forums until April 24.
  • Mariya observes that the email for renewals of the membership as well as the website could be more transparent. E.g. bronze and copper membership is not mentioned in the email.
  • Mic explains that only the general Duraspace/Lyrasis membership conditions are described whereas every project governance like DSpace may have deviating regulations which are not reflected on the Duraspace website. Also the duraspace website still has to be moved to lyrasis.org
  • Action Item: The marketing group should be asked to help update the information on membership

5. Marketing Working Group report

  • Heather: Messaging about beta has been worked on. The responisibility for the announcements will rotate. Atmire has taken their turn for beta 2 and added short videos displaying the new functions.
  • Mic has worked of the global user groups. A DSpace National User Groups Coordinators 1st Meeting was held von April 8th. The focus is to involve different countries to make DSpace 7 a truly global release.
  • A webinar series to inspire initiatives that provide visibility to digital resources using DSpace at the time of COVID19 is being planned,