Thursday, April 16, 2020, 10 AM US Eastern Time
To join the online meeting:
- Go to: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/vivo1
One tap mobile:
US: +16699006833,,9358074182# or +19292056099,,9358074182#
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 929 205 6099 or 877 853 5257
Meeting ID: 935 807 4182
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/aeANHanzED
Ontology Interest Group Google Folder https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1RGBh4fDZdzpJdwyiUMO8OPWwkcmVYrI0
Google Doc for meeting notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AUccf5tN3i84VowEcdj1jf_6Q6Tq3sFFl_pWZqdbI98/edit?usp=sharing
- AEON (Academic Events Ontology)
- Philip is working on expressing the confident metadata schema as an OBO compliant ontology.
- Christian will evaluate if a presentation of the status quo is possible in the next VIVO ontology call.
- Q: Will there be classes and properties in AEON outside the conference domain? A: Probably yes, has to be discussed in detail. At least we will have properties to connect to other domains (like aeon:hasOutput etc.).
- Language Ontology
- Brian: Properties will not be sufficient to link languages to documents.
- Discussion about use cases.
- work has a particular language, and/or has multiple translations
- language reading/speaking competencies
- research area of persons
- Melanie: Do we restrict ourselves to the ISO 639 languages? What's with languages and dialects not in the list?
- RfC will be announced soon by Mike, comments will be invited as github issues
- ORG ontology
- ROR was trying to include data from grid.ac, but seems to have decided not to include parts of the data (e.g. geolocation, address)
- Violeta will ask about the data issues at ROR and gets back to the ontology IG.
- We have to separate data from ontology, but we have to be able to integrate several data sources.
- VIVO Conference: Ontology IG agrees with the topic suggestionns for the CfP