Status of In-Review tickets
Expand Jira server DuraSpace JIRA jqlQuery filter=14416 serverId c815ca92-fd23-34c2-8fe3-956808caf8c5
- Andrew Woods
- Mike Conlon
- Brian Lowe
- Ralph O’Flinn
- Huda Khan
- Benjamin Gross
- Steve McCauley
- Thanks to Benjamin for reviving pull requests that were automatically closed when the develop branch was removed.
Iii. need to discuss the one Harvester PR with Don
- Triple Store Roadmap Proposal
- Limited feedback received so far.
- Related question of how much of what VIVO does requires a triple or graph store, and to what extent the triple store represents latent potential.
- Mike: Some in the VIVO community define the problem very narrowly: store lists of publications and put them on the screen quickly. In this case, there is no need for a triple store. The triple store becomes an appropriate solution when you consider scholarship more broadly.
- Don: Got interested in VIVO because of the ability to record data about spacecraft and maintain relationships between equipment, data sets, people, etc. The beauty and promise of VIVO (especially Vitro) is the ability to leverage all of these relationships.
- Mike: Upper level ontology work is critical for being able to share data across domains.
- Sprint planning
- Communitizing VIVO Scholar and language-aware editing
- Close to reaching critical mass
- Don may be able to recruit a volunteer to work on ETL for VIVO Scholar via a Python-based pipeline (NetworkX to RDF). Tease apart pieces of the current process and make it easier for people to debug and modify when not tied to a complex Java stack.
- Andrew: would be good to gauge interest on Monday. There is also value in coalescing around a shared solution.
- Don: is there still the possibility to leverage VIVO’s current listeners that trigger index modification to also modify a Solr that can be used by Scholar? What might be the barriers? Would be good to have a discussion.
- Should it be a core part of Vitro to translate between RDF changes and changes to document structures that are then sent to other applications/indexes? Or is it better to reduce Vitro’s role and rely on RDF Delta Patch where raw RDF messages are sent to other applications?
- Mike: Access control is a critical part of Vitro, so messages plus access control is value not provided by a standard triple store.
- Divide and conquer to prune legacy branches.
- VIVO-1738 needs a comment from Don about possible resolution.
6.a. Has a fix
6.c. ready as well