- Staged Beta Release Process for 7.0
- We will be releasing v7.0 features over several months in a staged Beta release process (see goals below).
- Individual Betas will not be "feature complete". Instead, each Beta release will layer additional features on the previous Beta.
- Betas will be announced publicly & available for download or via Docker.
- Community members are encouraged to test each Beta and report back any issues so that they can be resolved in a subsequent Beta (prior to the final 7.0 release)
- Some lower priority features may be delayed for 7.1 or 7.2.
- Because of the complexity of merging features of two UIs (XMLUI and JSPUI) into one, and the desire to make 7.0 available as soon as possible, we have chosen to release 7.0 as soon as the highest priority features (those deemed most widely used) are completed. This means that, if lower priority features have not yet been completed, they may be rescheduled for 7.1 or 7.2. However, to retain backwards compatibility, every 6.x feature will be completed in a 7.x release.
- For a list of prioritized features/tasks (and their tentative release schedule) see our DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheetGitHub Project Board. Keep in mind, this schedule is fluid. For example, if additional community developers volunteer to implement a lower priority feature, then that feature might still be released in 7.0 even if it is tentatively scheduled for 7.1 or 7.2.