This meeting is a hybrid teleconference and slack chat. Anyone is welcome to join...here's the info:
- Time: 11:00am Eastern Daylight Time US (UTC-4)
- Audio/Video Conference Link: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/fedora
+1 408 638 0968
+1 646 876 9923
+1 669 900 6833
812 835 3771
Join fedora-project.slack.com on the "tech" channel
- Danny Bernstein
- Peter Winckles
- Jared Whiklo
- Bethany Seeger
- Thomas Bernhart
- Aaron Birkland
- Andrew Woods
- Ben Pennell
- Ben Cail
- David Wilcox
- Peter Eichman
- See if we can get a unified vision for how we want Fedora to interact with OCFL, so that we can propose one of the following to the leadership group:
- Recommend pushing for changes to the OCFL spec (i.e. a mutable head), so that both versioned and un-versioned content can be "in" OCFL
- Accept the immutability of object versions in OCFL, and recommend one of the following
- Fedora shall store un-versioned content outside of OCFL in a fedora-specific layout
- Fedora shall disallow un-versioned content entirely
- Recommend Fedora use something other than OCFL for Fedora's persistence layer, and create external tools for exporting/publishing to OCFL when desired.
- This document describes the core issues and outlines the pros and cons of the implementation possibilities described in the preceding agenda item. Recommending a particular implementation is beyond the scope of the document; it simply seeks to provide an objective (to the degree possible) analysis to serve as a baseline for an informed discussion. Comments and suggestions are welcome, but please respect the scope of the document.
- Other questions to be answered
- > “When making a request during a transaction, should the ACL of the HEAD version of the resource be evaluated, or the ACL of the version of the resource that exists in the transaction?”
- What is the approach we want to take for adding digests to external binaries?
- Reference: 2019-09-26 - Fedora Tech Meeting (Notes: 3.a.)
- What do we want our approach to be for loading Fedora6 resources? lazy or eager?
- Related to https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/1557
- <add topics here>
Expand Jira server DuraSpace JIRA jqlQuery filter=13100 serverId c815ca92-fd23-34c2-8fe3-956808caf8c5
Please squash a bug!
Expand Jira server DuraSpace JIRA columns key,summary,type,created,updated,due,assignee,reporter,priority,status,resolution maximumIssues 20 jqlQuery filter=13122 serverId c815ca92-fd23-34c2-8fe3-956808caf8c5
Tickets resolved this week:
Expand Jira server DuraSpace JIRA columns key,summary,type,created,updated,due,assignee,reporter,priority,status,resolution maximumIssues 20 jqlQuery filter=13111 serverId c815ca92-fd23-34c2-8fe3-956808caf8c5
Tickets created this week:
Expand Jira server DuraSpace JIRA columns key,summary,type,created,updated,due,assignee,reporter,priority,status,resolution maximumIssues 20 jqlQuery filter=13029 serverId c815ca92-fd23-34c2-8fe3-956808caf8c5
- Islandoracon was great, there was a fedora special interest group that met during lunch and did fedora presentations
- Bento boxes and preservation. Drupal 8
- Can pop in and out components like Fedora. For some, its considered "in" the repository once it is in fedora.
- A lot of people looking forward to Fedora 6
- Workshop to get people to migrate to Islandora 8, which required moving from F3 to F5 went well.
- Sprint 2 - It would be helpful to try to decide some of the Open Questions before the next sprint Decisions and Open Questions
- a. “When making a request during a transaction, should the ACL of the HEAD version of the resource be evaluated, or the ACL of the version of the resource that exists in the transaction?”
- Jared - it would require two actions, first updating ACL and then starting transaction and doing work
- BenP - it seems like a special behavior to only work against the HEAD of the ACL versus everything else in the repo
- DECISION: Treat ACL's as normal, so use the version in the transaction unless this causes significant technical issues
- b. What is the approach we want to take for adding digests to external binaries?
- We talked about this some on Sept 26, Andrew remembers that we wanted fedora to retain fixity for internal binaries. For external, users can add their own. For internal, users can't override the internal digest.
- Fedora has its own internally managed checksum for internal content
- Users can add digests to external content
- Should fedora try to fill in a checksum if none is provided?
- Jared - spec says that ext's must respond to want-digest. So do we need to store it internally? How do we fulfill
- Fedora to retain fixity for internal binaries
- For internal, users can't override the internal digest, but can add supplemental digests
- For external, users can add their own
- Aaron Birkland to look explore notion of OCFL client with database as authoritative metadata source + asynchronous writing of the inventory.json file
- David Wilcox will review the NDSA matrix and pull out the concrete technical requirements that could be considered during the Fedora 6 development.