- Christy Karpinski, Atla
- Ryan Wick, Oregon State
- Cara Kay, Oregon State
- Arwen Hutt, UC San Diego
- SMIG Scope and Objectives Review
- No recommended changes from co-facilitators or members. We anticipate the group continuing for another year.
- Question about groups such as URI Selection WG and the newly formulated M3 Maintenance group, which are ongoing, active, but aren’t focused on putting out a specific product at this time. Free-form as needs arise.
- Reports from Groups/Representatives
◦ URI Selection WG
- Machine-readable Metadata Modeling Specification Working Group
- Setup of a group to maintain the spec?
- Report from the group has been drafted
- Although there is a lot of polishing that still needs to happen in the repository, the deliverable has been created and the report will be sent out to the SMIG soon
- Once the report is done, M3 will be moved into ‘Completed’ and an Ongoing Maintenance M3 Group will be formed
- URI Selection WG
- Update from Julie H.: Steering has given the go ahead to start with a Github repo for a first version of the vocab manager so Julie Allinson and I are going to talk with Ryan Wick and figure out how to get things started. I think it will be in the context of the URI Selection WGbut we will have an update on that at the next SMIG meeting.
◦ Samvera Roadmap Council
- Outstanding question of a domain
- Three submissions in the past year; progress has been slow.
- Question of resources and branding for hosting infrastructure for such projects
- UCSD is currently pursuing user stories for minting linked predicates
- There is currently a github to take in requests, but not yet for hosting anything
- Geo Predicates WG - no update
- Samvera Roadmap Council
- Jen Young is the Metadata IG representative.
- The Roadmap Council conducted a survey in June 2019 to gain information about how community members feel about projects that the Repository Managers WG, Core Components WG, Metadata IG/WGs, Hyrax/Avalon/Hyku WGs projects and future directions.
- The survey results were published in a report here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ksZrKJrTlBAKoBVwuW_IiGUH0rjKdB1TnDXZjJb9ZfM/edit
- In general, survey results indicated that there is strong community interest in supporting Valkyrie/Wings middleware switch-out in Hyrax, and so it the current focus of resources was seen to be validated.
- Hyrax Product Owner job description: Julie Allinson is heading up a plan for refreshing this; the Roadmap Council realized after looking at Steve’s duties that it was way more than 20% of his time
- Ideas for Next Year
- Vocabulary Manager WG
- Meeting is unfortunately concurrent with SMIG meeting at Connect this year
- Collection-level Metadata Application Profile?
- Setting up better defaults and making the edit path clear if folks are making changes
- Could mirror the same evaluation workflow as the item level metadata work that has already been completed
- M3 work that is Collection-specific could hooked in once published; question of rangling the Jekyll output -
- Review of https://samvera.github.io
- metadata pages ahead of Hyrax 3.0 release
- Julie H., Anna, Nora interested in participating
- Confirming that documentation reflects changes and is brought to up to date
- Collect and review existing documentation
- New WG