- Managing Authorization info in Angular UI: How to pass Authorization rights (i.e. logged in user's access rights) from REST API to Angular? See for example: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/393
- Can this be achieved via passed HAL "_links" (e.g. the existence of an "edit" link in REST response means you must have Edit rights)?
- In July 25 meeting, we noted this probably cannot be resolved with just one simple solution. May need to look at different options for different scenarios
- Also likely to need to store/cache a user's Groups in UI layer, as some areas (e.g. Administrative) require knowledge of user group membership
- REST API Projections:
Jira server DuraSpace JIRA serverId c815ca92-fd23-34c2-8fe3-956808caf8c5 key DS-3533
- Early work begun at https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1847. Discussed in more detail in our Aug 22 meeting. Overall, this approach seems like a good direction, need volunteers to move it forward.
- Initial Performance Testing from Chris.
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
- Delayed until after Preview release. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior. Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata. Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.
- Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question. May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
- Timeline for this is uncertain. Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.
- Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8). What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object? Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
- We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
- ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
- ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs. Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.
- Revisiting REST API Projections: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-3533
- Overall, team approves of this direction. We decided we might want to rework the proof of concept PR to be based on code already in `master` (currently it is based on the Bundles PR#2548 which is still under review)
- We might think of doing proof of concept based on Item relationships, or maybe Community - Collection - Item relationships. These are both in master already, and an initial PR against either might be easier to review/approve more immediately than basing it off Bundles
- All should review the initial PR and provide any other feedback. Direction is good though.
- Reviewing & scoping tasks flagged as "NEEDS MORE INFO" in Development Planning Spreadsheet
- Only made it through first 3 in that spreadsheet
- Tim will setup a Doodle poll for a separate meeting on this with Andrea, Art & Ben (minimally). Others are welcome too (get in touch). Hopefully if we all review this spreadsheet we can quickly go through it in one meeting to determine how to scope each (and whether anything in the spreadsheet still requires deeper discussion).