- Define clear, achievable goals for what you're hoping to get out of Samvera Connect. "Learn about Samvera Architecture" or "Engage with the community" are OK, but may not be specific enough to help you succeed. "Determine what level of architecture should hold this feature or design" or "What group(s) could I contribute to, and how, given my interest and skills in linked data" would be better.
- Be explicit about your expectations. For example:
- Set aside time each day of Samvera Connect to check in.
- Establish a communication plan including preferred channel(s) and expected response time in advance.
- Evaluation: We would love to know what worked or didn't work for advice to future mentors and mentees. Please send feedback to Samverafirstname.lastname@example.org@samvera.org. A survey will also be sent out post-SamveraConnect to be shared with Samvera Connect Meetings and Samvera Steering Group membership.
- Samvera Connect which will help inform future events.
docsgoogle.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfgdwgQx7tZpeD895sGdngFeMETwqGbcmyVCavsO_fo/edit?usp=sharing Sign up to be a mentee:
|title||I'd like to be paired with a Mentor, please|
|title||Volunteer to be a Mentor - sign-up here|
This is generally worked out between the mentor and the mentee.
Participants will be paired by the Samvera the Samvera Connect Program Committee based Committee based on responses in the sign-up forms. Mentors and Mentees will be notified of pairing approx. the week prior to Samvera Connect 20182019. If you have concerns about your match-up or would like to be matched up with someone else, you can let us know.