Child pages
  • 2019-09-03 Meeting Notes and Agenda

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

  • Previous Action Items:
    • Resourcing Survey Follow-up
      TODO: Nabeela Jafferwill add graphical summary of responses where available  
    • Follow up email draft  
    • Hyrax Product Owner next steps
      TODO: Julie Allinsonwill circulate the idea of a Hyrax Product team with an single identified PO for a specified term who acts as tie-breaker, but delegating significantly to product team and broader community members.  Hyrax PO proposal
    • Discuss list of folks to potentially reach out to
    • Rob and Tom did a brainstorming session to get the ball rolling here
    • Nabeela Jaffer
      Hannah Frost
      Julie Hardesty
      Paul Walk
      Kaylee (Yale)?
      Gretchen (PALs)
  • New Business:
    • Update at Samvera Connect - we've been asked to provide updates for Partners & Connect

      From Richard Green: If we give you a slot on the Thursday (which I’ve now added to our list of presentations), it will be a full presentation slot – which is to say designed for 20 minutes talk + 5 minutes Q&A, though of course you can split it how you wish.  I’d be very grateful for a couple of sentences to describe the RC presentation asap.  I’ve also added you to the Partner agenda items for ’20-25 minutes’.


    • Do we need to have a conversation about what the impact is in using Fedora? Particularly in conjunction with Valkyrie development. Performance engineering - what are folks trying to do? Are there other factors than performance? Lot of enthusiasm for Valkyrie in the community - what is the expected outcome? What could be the impact of preservation infrastructure? Hyrax 3 with Wings – what will it deliver and how does it match expectations?

    • Roadmap Council rep on Council  vision statement working group
      • From Carolyn Caizzi: 

        At our last Partners call, we discussed forming Working Group to create a vision statement based on the documentation and analysis that came out of our visioning exercise in April at the face to face Partners Meeting.  It appeared that we had the prerequisite support on the call to approve this Working Group and are now issuing a Call for Participation. We'd like representation from Roadmap Council, the Marketing WG, and 2-4 others to look at the data and create a pithy statement that the larger community can provide input on in time for Connect. Please reply here if you are interested by August 27 so we can get to work in September--we expect this to take less than 10 hours total.  If the timeline is the only thing holding you back, we can discuss! Both Hannah Frost and myself will remain on the group to help move it along.

        At our last Partners call, we discussed forming Working Group to create a vision statement based on the documentation and analysis that came out of our visioning exercise in April at the face to face Partners Meeting.  It appeared that we had the prerequisite support on the call to approve this Working Group and are now issuing a Call for Participation. We'd like representation from Roadmap Council, the Marketing WG, and 2-4 others to look at the data and create a pithy statement that the larger community can provide input on in time for Connect. Please reply here if you are interested by August 27 so we can get to work in September--we expect this to take less than 10 hours total.  If the timeline is the only thing holding you back, we can discuss! Both Hannah Frost and myself will remain on the group to help move it along.

        See doc here for more info if you haven’t already seen it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mLimBbbdLB3-Fzse2Ij-IztQt1inw6A3FeZU565UHkk/edit?usp=sharing

         
    • Facilitator & Notetaker for next meeting

...