- Previous Tech. call, a developer congress was discussed, and this was raised to the attention of Steering
- What should be the focus areas or topics?
- What kind of information can be provided to the planning committee?
- How can we ensure that attendees have the ability to request for the resources to attend a day earlier than Samvera Connect
- What is a Developer Congress?
- It's definitely about writing code
- Previous congresses have discussed style conventions, and other decisions regarding standards and practices
- Are there any proposals thus far?
- There was a small conversation on Slack, and we decided to solicit ideas
- How planned do we want the event to be?
- Some Congresses have been overly-planned, and others structured akin to unconferences
- Chris: A planned sprint like what was held at Penn State University for a week was successful
- Teams were identified, and this permitted participants at all skill levels to contribute
- Trey: Planned conferences usually were formed in response to a community need
- Do we have anything that we need to be addressed as a community?
- hydra-access-controls has been discussed on #dev
- Tom: Expect the landscape to be different in three months
- Not necessarily that predications about what would be of interest can't be made
- Hyrax/Valkyrie work is going to move interest away from problem areas similar to what was discussed for hydra-access-controls
- Also, keep in mind that this is one day
- Perhaps smaller scale tickets, documentation issues should instead be considered
- Tom: Expect that there will be a large Hyrax documentation gap by this date
- This might be of interest given that it will address documenting Valkyrie patterns
- It will be appealing even to those who aren't planning to use Hyrax
- Anna: Should we invite Product Owners or members of the Core Component Maintenance group to steer the planning for this?
- Perhaps this could assist with forming teams
- LaRita: In the past, there were multiple tracks
- Perhaps documentation could be on track with component maintenance being the other
- Next Steps
- Identify one or multiple product owners to select tickets
- Focus areas might be predominantly for documentation
- Perhaps announce the day and time with the high level areas of focus which were just discussed?
- Soliciting participation through this might be best
- Planning meetings for the Dev Congress
- Haven't met yet, just a private message group
- Can move this to a channel on Slack
- #developer-congress will be used
- People are already making travel plans and might not be aware that this is happening
- If we can't tell people what they are doing exactly, we can at least tell them who they would be collaborating with
- Maybe start a Wiki page listing those who are planning to attend?
- Which Confluence space should be used?
- The Connect 2019 space might be a good space for it
- Program Committee is viewing this as a separate event, perhaps there is a Dev. Congress space?
- How are people going to know that it is happening if it is not found on the Connect 2019 space?
- It will be promoted by the Program Committee
- Trey will take the action item to make the page
- Anna will discuss this with the Program Committee (they are a member)
Next Samvera Tech. Call
- Moderator: LaRita
- Notetaker: James
- Chris Colvard
- Tom Johnson
- Thomas Scherz
- Tom still owes feedback on this
- Great effort for internationalization
- If this could pushed into a passing state, that would facilitate the review process
- Failing due to some missing translations on the branch still
- Test against Rails 5.2.x releases
- Chris offered some minor changes
- Removed the `#to_model` method from `WorkflowResponsibilityForm`
- This should return `self` (that is a `SimpleForm` support issue)
- The tests failing in CI aren't failing locally for Chris
- Tom might be able to assist
- Ensure that hydra-head does not break with a new release of ActiveFedora
- Should anyone attempt to update hydra-head before a new release of that is made...
- Chris approved and will run this by Tom before cutting a release for AF
Session concluded at 09:36PDT/12:36EDT